Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

LEDs to light up the nozzle ???

I have a CR10s PRO and I thought I had fastened ALL screws but ... oh, I missed the one holding the spring loaded lever for the filament feeder !

Now that I have a breakdown and the X-grantry apart because of loose screws all over I want to design a frame/brachet to hold 4 LEDs nearby the nozzle so I can see what's going on there especially at the first layer.

I can see there is some un-used sockets at the plug board behind where the ribbon cable is pligged in.

I plan to use 4 LEDs with a current use of less than 100mA placed near/around the nozzle.

Could I just switch them into the circuit with the constant running blower or should I make a separate cable )and then maybe a ON/OFF switch) ?

Any of you have experience, maybe even made light down there ?
    Last edited by keldsor; 07-08-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes sure, you can do that as the CR 10s Pro takes around 480W supply in general and people run Creality printers in 350W supplies, If you atttach 4 LEDs extra of 20W, It won't hurt much, I guess.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thx, ,,, a guess ... is that experience

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really...
    But I have seen my friends doing such experiments....!!!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, now we're talking ... is it a CR10s PRO and did they succeed ... if so, then I really want to see the result

- - - - - - - - - -

Now I got 4 white LEDs mounted in a printed bracket around the nozzle, driven by a constant current sink 20mA and cable along the filament hose to an external power - it works nicely !

Now I just need to find a method to get the cable from the gantry to the base box and there find a power source.
    Last edited by keldsor; 07-11-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...or add a Li-ion battery a lot closer