Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation ...and a word from 3D Systems.

https://3dsystems.sharefile.com/shar...804a4313541348

They actually, officially discontinued the Cube3 cartridges too!

2. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are some interesting documents in there -- like the nozzle leveling...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it were only that simple. That is why so many white frames are cracked. There are an additional 3 screws holding the print head to the linear bearing. What they are suggesting is that those are screws can be ignored. I've had to get into my print-head on my main white printer. One of my screw-on nozzles broke a flange inside. Fixed that with a self-tapping flange screw as they say, good as new... which in this is true. As I did that I tried doing that leveling thing and made a stubby hex wrench to aid in getting to the other screws. Not a simple feat in the least! But I do like having the understanding that backing those screws out should give you a small degree of adjustment. I've got a part printer coming next week. I'll have to dig into this some more. With the B2B nozzle solution, this means we can maintain dedicated nozzles and never worry about having them align correctly. This really is crucial for dual extrusion prints.

Before I would simply simply find a matched pair of nozzles but if I can this to work reliably, I also want to make sure auto-leveling is nulled. Then you have the best setup possible. Nulling auto-leveling is removing any and all automated adjustments which actually show up in prints. http://www.print3dforum.com/showthread.php/1165-Z-ticks

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is also good to know. If they would only release the source code to the CubePrint app, since they are abandoning it.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, we tried than once

Interestingly enough, considering we have the M$ SDK and implementation requirements, you can pick up everything you ever wanted to know from the print driver protocol M$ puts out and the written technical details for how to interface with the print driver and the 3DS slicer. Technically, you could write your own app to give the slicer input. However, Microsoft's 3D Builder implementation utilizes the very same files that the app uses. It really is just a front end that feeds the drivers. The question really comes down to knowing if there are more hooks in the drivers than the app gives us access to.

What won't be available is the number of valid modes as set up in the config files. Each option tree has its own section in the XML files. If you create new options, you need new sections to cover the new tree. Mostly a copy of others, but they allow custom configuration for all data depending on app menu choices.

Bottom line, if you want to wake up the Cubes completely, you get to write your own slicer. I've given Pathio guys a quick hint on how they could make adaptive recipes, for instance. Something where you would present a known profile print file and the slicer would adapt the output to mimic the input. Sort of an AI front end for recipe generation rather than trying to make profiles for every freakin' printer there is.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 07-29-2019 at 01:48 AM.