Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Over Extrusion on some areas

Hi Everyone,

I've bought this used CR-10 after using the printer at work for a while. I've been getting pretty good prints but recently when I tried to print a mod for my Logitech G920 (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3232535) it started shifting layers and over extruding on some areas. Interesting enough, first layer comes out perfect, yet after second layer printer starts to create these bumps and when nozzle passing those bumps it pushes extra material around or makes a Z-hop, which deforms the outer shape.

Does anyone have any idea why something like this would happen ?

PS: I've cleaned the nozzle, checked feeding tube, adjusted every axis belt tensioner, re-leveled bed. No luck so far.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is over extrusion. Try some bridging tests with your settings.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've printed benchy the boat. The one on the left is an old one. The one on the right is recent. I couldn't figure out why it squished those few layers. Also total height of new benchy is a little bit short than older one

Also tried to print couple different stuff with raft. Even tho, I increased airgap for raft to 0.5 it still stick to hard to remove. Couldn't remove the raft at all.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take a look in the print-file itself and see what if the z-values make sense. Are they equally spaced? That shouldn't happened!

- - - - - - - - - -

...I'm getting a feeling your Z-axis doesn't fully seat. It activates but the movement doesn't actually take affect until a layer or two later. Something interfering in the tracks? Calibration? Not familiar enough to know what to look for. Heater wires being pinched?