Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I use a chromebook with the cube3 and how?

I have a cube3 and I've hit a wall. I use a chromebook and therefore do not have access to windows to run the printing software. Without switching from chrome os to windows. How can I get printing using chrome os. I am a complete newbie when it comes to 3d printing and computers so be gentle and go slowly please.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    There should be a mac version. Everything Cubify is still on the server; http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com

http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/public/cubify_software/installers/mac/cubify_3.0.dmg this is probably what you need. I'm only guessing.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, Mac apps run on ChromeOS?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're asking me then you are looking into a very blank stare. Me know nottin' about no Apple stuff.

5. Likes buddybu liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering, because you pointed our new friend, DandySniper, to the Mac versions, so I was, well, surprised.

I am wondering if the print software would run on Wine (Windows emulator under Linux), I have not tried that to date. I know there was a thread on here about that too.

- - - - - - - - - -

DandySniper, are you a programmer of sorts? if so, I have the basic outline of how a file is sent to the Cube, so we could possibly come up with an app that could do it for us. If not, then I will keep poking at it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh, and I found this:

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-run-a-...ook-1829716989

you can try to run the cube software on the Crossover app.
    Last edited by buddybu; 09-16-2019 at 06:09 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a programmer of any sort.but i am willing to learn. Thank you for the help though. i appreciate it.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, I took a shot at installing CubePrint under Wine on Linux Mint a while back. As best I remember, I hit a dead end when it insisted it needed a certain version of Internet Explorer (10, I think). I couldn't get past that.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey John, I think I need to look at that too. I have a linux system floating around -- I will give it a try.