Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went with TD's suggestion of Lokbuild, and it works great. I put a little glue stick on there, and it lasts for several prints. I just wet it down between. No more tape replacement.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CruciasNZ View Post
    I suspect the issue with my original tube is I have that hole cut in the top of the cartridge so there was more freedom of movement available to it. Those who's bribed minions don't cut holes in the wrong place will probable be alright. I had the same issue with 3 over-tubes, hence my suspicion of my cartridge alterations.

I tried gaffers tape and found it didn't get as good adhesion as the textured masking tape. I also found different brands had different levels of microtexture on the masking tape, and the only one which really worked consistently for me was 3M - which unfortunately happens to be the most expensive available. Go figure right?

As for your 3D PLA, it knows you're about to melt its face off and force it through a tortuously small hole so it is understandably trying to make a break for it. Ba dum tish.

LOL!! I happened upon a mostly spent roll of painter's blue tape. I tried it and holy cow, it worked so well it stuck to the prints when I added CubeGlue. I tried half a dozen other blue tapes to no avail. So I ordered 6 rolls of the stuff I found. All of it killer stick! You couldn't reuse because it would be on the part. That is how I learned the backside tape was weaker - go figure!

Good to hear back on the gaffers tape. I still see cube glue as a special formula. Not sure what it is but it works a wonder. I just got 9 tubes from eBay

ABS -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TommyDee; 03-31-2020 at 10:41 PM.

3. Likes buddybu liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've given up on ABS for anything other than printer parts. I just cannot stop the curling without a heated enclosure. Fortunately I have like 4 reels of the stuff, so I'm good on parts till Ragnarok

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    ABS works better for round objects. PETG is fun but not as opaque as I like.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bloody printer must have heard me complimenting it, decided to block xD

While it's miles better than the past, it still has its moments

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    They do have feelings

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CruciasNZ View Post
    Artifact being the blobs your review thread mentions at start and end of layers? Or jams like my Marvle3D filament? I can't seem to get most of the same filaments here you lot have been reviewing, and the ones I can get (XYZ and Inland) are very expensive, 3x the cost of the Marvle - hence my query

BTW I'll write a review of the Marvle in that thread sometime soon. I've tried so many things it has to be the filament at this point

==========================================

Hi, I'm very interested to hear about your Marvle filament experience.

I'm getting bulges in my Marvle filament (red PLA) , on the nominal size of 1.75, these bulges are 2.51 or so. They then jam, luckily in the feeder guide before the rollers , so altho it stops the print and is hard on the printer, at least it doesn't jam further down or in the hot end.
    I've had 2 bulges so far , many metres apart but can't trust the roll now.

Are you also getting bulges on the Marvle filament , you just mention it jams.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InparadiseNZ View Post
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Hi, I'm very interested to hear about your Marvle filament experience.

I'm getting bulges in my Marvle filament (red PLA) , on the nominal size of 1.75, these bulges are 2.51 or so. They then jam, luckily in the feeder guide before the rollers , so altho it stops the print and is hard on the printer, at least it doesn't jam further down or in the hot end.
    I've had 2 bulges so far , many metres apart but can't trust the roll now.

Are you also getting bulges on the Marvle filament , you just mention it jams.
    Apologies for slow response. I have not had bulge issues with the Marvle filament, but it's been many months since I used the Cube 3. I replaced it with an Ender 3 Pro and passed my cube to my brother so he could use it to get into the hobby as well. My issue with the Cube ended up being blockages in the hotend from retraction