Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are slicer issues. Mine came out the same way. They are perfectly functional as thin elements. Probably preferred
    PLA is the right material for this.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, that puts my mind at ease. I was thinking I'd tactically apply plastic glue (the stuff I use to stick Warhammer models together) to correct the disconnects, then mount it to the plate with a more sturdy glue - probably araldite as it bonds well on both plastic and metal.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using Shoe-Goo since it is removable. You only need the glue on the outer periphery pads. Be sure the piece lifts off easily enough before gluing.

To attach, I put the piece over the magnets with the shoe-goo on the pads sitting a little low. Place the plate, center it on the magnets where it wants to rest, and pinch the pads to the plate. Let cure for about 12 hours. Have a screw driver handy to help leverage all the pads in place.

Shoe-Goo is the ultimate hobby adhesive. It peels off clean. You can make a ring on a wooden table and lift it off whole the next day. The hold is excellent! Super long term... Shoe-Goo does continue to shrink throughout its service life. I know that in 15 years is hard like epoxy and just about as permanent at that point.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 01-09-2020 at 10:30 PM.