Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Reset HOME POSITION after cleaning the hotend ????

I have updated my Firmware to TinyMachines version 1.1.9_B7 TM 3D SSMDN on my CR10s PRO and used it some months with success !
    The firmware from Creality was simply usuable ... that's why I updated and it has worked well since - thx to TM !

Now I have disassembled and cleaned the HOT END and put it all together again.

Now I want to do bed levelling again - first with the wheels beneath the bed - I did this 3-4 times in a row so now it's OK !

Then I want to recallibrate the autolevelling 5X5 point table - but the 5. (10. 15. 20. 25.) measuring point is OUTSIDE the bed by 6-8 mm !

In generel there must be a procedure to put the HOME-position where I want it to be - right ?

How can I "move" the 5X5 table inside the bed again ?

NOTE: It has NOTHING to do with me changing some G-code, I just cleaned the hotend and turned on the printer - NO FILE is involved at all !

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are ways to change your settings in the machine using very specific M5xx codes that remain with the machine (uber global settings). Very dangerous option but it is there.
    How to do it specifically with the CR-10 is beyond me. There is even an M5xx command that resets everything to the default F/W settings. I suggest getting that to work first

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, but I wonder why the coordinate system moved in the X-axis just by cleaning the hotend - it coesn't make sense at all - right ?

Too I thenk there should be a method to RESET the home position in the firmware or the menu system on the screen but pressing the HOME button seems to just return to the OLD home position and NOT DEFINING a new one.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't anyone developing the firmware anymore? Sounds like a feature request

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    There are ways to change your settings in the machine using very specific M5xx codes that remain with the machine (uber global settings). Very dangerous option but it is there.
    How to do it specifically with the CR-10 is beyond me. There is even an M5xx command that resets everything to the default F/W settings. I suggest getting that to work first
    Should I re-install the firmware ... wouldn't it start all over ?

Ofcause I still have to manually level the bed with the thumb screws as good as posible.

Look here - it's clearly that something happens after printing around 3,5mm layers - the red one is printed BEFORE the problem came up:
    DSCN1368.jpg
    Last edited by keldsor; Yesterday at 04:56 PM.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That thin print stuff I recognize. That is a nozzle clogging unless something changes the feed rate in the print file. I take it the tops of those are what is attached to the build plate or did it start working well after the 3.5mm.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    That thin print stuff I recognize. That is a nozzle clogging unless something changes the feed rate in the print file. I take it the tops of those are what is attached to the build plate or did it start working well after the 3.5mm.

1) It's not a clogging of the nozzle - I just cleaned all of the extruder
    2) IF it was a clogging it's very strange it should disappear at the exact time (3.5mm) - they are printed with weeks between them - the RED is months old
    3) They are printed as you see them here - the circular shape is the TOP and the other 'end' is at the buildplate
    4) The ratches are printed with the exact same G-code NO change at all
    5) The squar to the left I just drawed and printed the other day as a 10X10X100mm "tower", and stopped the printing when I could see the problem has NOTHING to do with the total height of the object - it still came up when around 3,5mm af layers was printed.
    6) The problem came up AFTER my cleaning of the nozzle and heat brake - so I DELETED ALL my profiles and used a build in "Super quality" one from Cura.
    7) The RED one is printed way back before the cleaning, the first gray is printed AFTER the cleaning and with the same profile and G-code as the RED
    8) the two objects to the left is pronted after the cleaning with the same build in "Super quality" one from Cura.
    9) the is NO CODE saying "after so many layers change the feed rate.

Even though I can't see the connection between the problem and the bed levelling I did a manual levelling with the thumbscrew 3-4 times and then a automatic levelling.

I tryed to reset my Z-offset after a video guide - but ended up ripping a hole at the center of my bed because the nozzle messed around deep before I could turn aff the printer.

MU THEORY is: The home position is somehow wrong and when printing the SW does some calculations to "catch up" by changing the layer height and after some printing (=3,5mm) it has catched up and then resume at normal settings - I don't know if me theoty is right but it's an idea !

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure about your theory but your analysis seems correct. Look at the gcode for consistent step-size in Z.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    ????

I don't get you - how can I even "see" the G-code WHILE it's printing ... and it excutes so fast that I'm way behind - especially because I don't know anything about G-code.

That "Home-position" where is it stored ?

I think IF I reload the Firmware will it them forget AWLL about the "Home-position" and then I can start all over again - is that a "dead end" ?