Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Cube pro 3d mounting extra extruder

Hi
    Do anyone know if itís possible to mount a extra extruder on a cube pro with only one extruder..
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure it's possible, as long as you have the firmware to go with it.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do anyone know where to find that..😊

- - - - - - - - - -

As I can see is the firmware for all cube pro.. 1-2-3 nozzles. Is that right..?🤗

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the system doesn't care about the number of extruders but they are very sensitive to having all the appropriate read-backs from sensors. from what I understand is that you can add upgrade kits to all the CubePro versions to get up to a trio level.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Extra extruders

Quote Originally Posted by Frankthy View Post
    Hi
    Do anyone know if itís possible to mount a extra extruder on a cube pro with only one extruder..
    Frank
    I tried the conversion, even with the all the parts it will only let you load number 1 with filament, interesting when filament is in other stations the Cubepro app will show it as installed. I see that originally 3D Systems issued an activation code based on the machines serial number, so I am guessing this writes the configuration to the memory on the main PWB, from then on in that main PWB is then configured for single duo or trio.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try and then see how it goes.. thanks for the help..
    One more question.
    It seems like thereís no update for the cube slicer on the 3dsystems page.. anyone know how I can find it..?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please post your findings.
    The Cubepro slicer can be downloaded as part of the archive here - https://www.3dsystems.com/support/cubify

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...or here http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/ for the time being.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pics of my attempt at duo conversion, there is no option to load the filament but I can load the filament manually using control jets, the application gets notification from the printer that filament is installed in bay 2, I try to do a print using the second station, in this case a red sidewalk, the printer starts printing the body but as soon as it has to print the sidewalk the heads move over to the cleaning bay and stay there. The print then continues to count down, gets to 0 but nothing else has printed.Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.49.24 PM.pngIMG_0941.jpgIMG_0942.jpgIMG_0943.jpgIMG_0944.jpg

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is so freakin' crazy. Okay, you've convinced me that intervention is required. Your test proves that it simply ignores the errand bay calls.
    So what you need is the serial number and code for a CubePro Trio and learn how to manipulate the BIN file to accept the code.

I say this with all reasonable probability that this will work. There is no reason to 'hide' serial numbers anymore. And the rehashing of the appropriate BIN file has been done and documented (OpenBuilds).

One other possibility I just recalled... There is an XML file on the internal SD. I wonder if that maintains any info. My Cube3 XML contains the "min firmware" moniker.

People have been able to flip Ekocycle printers to Cube3 just by changing F/W. That doesn't exist for the Pro. So this has to be easy to switch although the method to get to it is hiding somewhere at the moment.

Maybe someone can parse this serial number publicly available:

cube trio SN.PNG
    Last edited by TommyDee; 10-26-2019 at 07:57 PM.