Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes rapide fixed the wheel alignment issue but I was dealing with clicking issue/filament feed problem, so still not up and running as I have fan wiring to repair or replace after taking extruder apart.

Here is pic of newer extruder. The L arm cannot be removed now due to the flange on top of the post and the hole in the post is now round where earlier versions had a hex nut that you could remove
    Attached Images Attached Images

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Skinny Kid, Great news!
    I drew a little helper mark with a special pen that sticks to metal, just so that I know approximately where my perfect settings should be on the hex screws. It is all about not too tight and not too loose.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Broome View Post
    I took the extruder apart and flipped the pulley wheel (feeder wheel). Now I can just push in the filament really easy no fiddling at all. Grip is good and it has been working flawlessly for a couple of weeks with long prints. See post in
    Hello. I may be late, but I have a problem probably with feeder wheel and I think this is solution. I opened the extruder and realized that the filament is not "attaching" to the feeder wheel, and the teeth on the wheel are not "catching" the filament. I opened it and tested it and realized that (very probably) in opposite way (taking out the fillament) it works without any problem, so I think flipping the puley may do the work, but I probably will not be able to close and screw the back cover of the extruder.
    Can you give me an idea how you did this?
    Also, if there is another solution for this problem, I would be really thankful if you share it.
    Thanks.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Broome View Post
    Some improvements that I made.

Extruder:
    I took the extruder apart and flipped the pulley wheel (feeder wheel). Now I can just push in the filament really easy no fiddling at all. Grip is good and it has been working flawlessly for a couple of weeks with long prints. See post in

Levelled bed:
    I found that the rattling and noise of the bed was annoying so I made use of a tip that I got from the forum about the welleman printer. I also had problems with leveling the bed so the use of a mirror as suggested in the forum was perfect. I bought a 20x20 cm mirror, replaced the screws on the heated bed with the hex screw ones and screwed them all to the bottom until the springs gave some real tension. I used paper clips to fasten the mirror and did a manual leveling of every corner and the center of the mirror by unscrewing the hex screws. Flat and silent!

Attachment 492
    Adhesion:
    This was mainly because I ruined my kapton tape and again I followed suggestions from other forums with painters tape. I used tesa 4334 since I have found it to work extremely well of masking on my paintings, so I have a lot of it. I then use a gluestick as an extra binding.

Filament feeder.
    I simply drilled a hole in the shelf so now it flows completely free from above. Have not had any problems since.

I am driving at speed 100 mm/ sec and it is actually the fans that makes the most noise now. And as an added bonus my moire pattern is almost non existent.

Thomas
    Leveling the bed with a level does not level it in respect to the movement of the pivot. To do that, all pivot rails would should be splendidly level.

6. Likes bolsoncerrado liked this post