Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Teflon tub isolator

Hello,

I tryed different materials, Laybrick, Esun PLA, and Colorfabb XT (which is allowed for alimentary contact)

I had a problem of extrusion so i have opened the extruder.

I had to move out the teflon isolator outside because the filament seems to be blocked (the white tub on the photo).

2015-01-26 17.12.56_resized.jpg

I will try to cut it and replace it, but I will buy a tub to replace it if it doesn't works.

I will tell you

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    You cannot cut because it has to be flush with the barrel end that meets up with the nozzle. If it is not flush with barrel end what will happen is the ptfe(teflon) tubing will slide back up into the barrel and the gap it will leave inside the barrel at the nozzle end will just fill in with melted filament and then harden causing a jam.

At least that is the exact problem I had when my ptfe liner got damaged when I was taking my extruder completely apart. I ended up just replacing mine as the ptfe liner is dirt cheap and am now back up and running and just finished my longest print to date(6 hours) with no problems

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Grobbins,

Thanks for your advice

Tub bought, I just have to wait the delivery.

Do you have advices to clean the nozzle because after my last print (8 hours with the XT copolyester), the nozzle is brown with a strange film on the surface like varnish but very hard ?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have change also the original 1.75 mm pulley by a 1.75/3 mm pulley with the same specifications (just the material is different):

Material : Brass
    Inner diameter5mm
    Hobbed diameter : 10.1mm
    Outer diameter : 12mm
    Length : 11mm

$_57.JPG

Like that I have no problem to guide the filament into the extruder, with the original i had problems.

Now, I must wait the ptfe tub and clean the nozzle and the heater block.
    Last edited by SAO; 01-27-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    When cleaning the nozzle and block do check the threadings as well. I got melted filament in mine and it is really tedious to clear out. Heating, getting som out, heating again, over and over.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks sm0orb, I will do that

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    link please...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I assume you mean a link for the replacement ptfe liner? If so I got mine from Josh over at makergeek.com he is a great guy and all though on his site the 1.75mm ptfe liner is listed as 4mmOD it is infact 3mmOD like the stock ones inside our hotends(it is also just a hair thinner then our stock ones but has been working perfectly fine in my RL200). You can also buy a meter of ptfe tubing cheap off ebay direct from china but you only need roughly 25mm to do 1 replacement and I wanted mine fast and Josh did just that for me lol.

http://www.makergeeks.com/zepttu3dprho.html