Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Z gap problem

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Z gap problem

Hi All,

My cube 3D printer suddenly have problem in z gap. the Z high is already wrong. When I do Auto Gap, the machine not stop when move up.
    And continue move up. I think the z high information inside machine is wrong.

Is it any method can correct it?

Please help.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    The initial Z-gap is set in the Maintenance menu under Calibrate. This is a default that the system uses. You can either follow the instructions and try to get a good Z-value here or just give it 3mm or so just so it never crashes. This setting is what is used for auto-level, which tends to fail better than 1/2 the time for a proper setting. I always recommend a manual setting regardless of what the Cube does by default.

When you calibrate the default Z-elevation, be sure to hit the unmarked button where it says Cal2 to complete the function.

If the machine continues to act strange, reinstall the firmware in case a bit got lost.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for your advise. Finally I know the problem.
    When the machine start printing. All 3 axis will go the end point (also will move more to make sure it is the end of this axis)

But for the z axis it cannot fully go to the bottom. It only go to middle and then stop.

I cannot have good solution yet. What I can do is only use my hand to push the z axis to bottom immediately.

I had try to update the firmware again but it is not work.

Best Regards,
    Joseph

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Z-home depends on gravity. It is important that this travel is free and consistent as it defines the gap setting. Has someone removed or adjusted the vertical rails? The carriage bearings need to be cleaned, or the rails need to be aligned, or both. Belt cogs clean? Belt in good condition?