Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    For some reason I have a lifetime supply of CubeGlue
    Not because I have lots of bottles... maybe 6 or 7 due to the number of printers I have and 3 came with the CubePro.
    But because I learned to conserve it. I never wash it off anymore. And I learned you can thin it 2|1 with water; no issue.
    And of course the LokBuild trick of the glue remaining with the LokBuild rather than the part.

But alas, indeed, CubeGlue is on the rare species list at this point. Have you tried reconstituting the glue stick with water?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...o0I-DmrI90ETbo
    Last edited by TommyDee; 01-18-2020 at 04:07 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried reconstituting with water, but using standard rubbing alcohol seemed to work a little better, since the alcohol evaporates and leaves the glue nice and tacky...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Hadn't considered that. Rubbing alcohol is 30% water so I can see that working as long an nothing is breaking down.

The only problem I had was getting the glue too runny. It would just pour out of the sponge Added an extra sponge in the center hole.
    It takes a bit of work to get the two to mix when thick (hense the robot). But it lasts forever that way. If I use a tube a year it is too much.

Heat is what promotes adhesion (instant tacky). My goal is as thin a layer as possible and still have it be viable to hold the part. The heat gun with which I warm the plate does double duty to dry glue quickly. I'm also a little weary about subjecting my LokBuild to regular alcohol exposure. I have used rubbing alcohol to clean LokBuild before having glue slurried on there. That was a rare event however. I'll have to see if I can liquefy a glue stick with rubbing alcohol