Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are the properties of CubeGlue? Does it become sticky when heated? Seems like a good glue solution if I can mix some myself. How long does each lokbuild last?

Wow, one year across all your printers? Seems very economical indeed. I burn through around 1 jumbo glue stick per day

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Watch the video http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post48166

Should explain everything.

LokBuild lasts as long as you don't drive your nozzle into it. Leaves permanent scars. Also don't want to replace it - serious - tenacious hold! Make sure you apply without air pockets [credit card burnishing].

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 tubes of the glue if anyone wants them. Just pay the 8.00 shipping and have at it. 1 is about 75% full and the other 60%.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, can I get them? I"ll provide you the ship label.

How much does the total package weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by ztoddman1 View Post
    I have 2 tubes of the glue if anyone wants them. Just pay the 8.00 shipping and have at it. 1 is about 75% full and the other 60%.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I use a layer of thin double sided Gorilla tape but any thin double sided mounting tape will work. then on top of that I use a layer of upside down painters tape that I print onto. My cube 3 seems to like printing on this for whatever reason and doesn't seem to like printing on the top of painters tape or on glue (plus my print bed has been screwed up by someone who doesn't know how to 3d print but hey a free printer is a free printer)

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    <cough>L -o ;k+B ^u # i l / d <cough>

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is pretty much just an elmer's glue stick. Nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by robrook View Post
    Thank you for the detailed answer, in the "Kings" English: to the point and easy to understand! That was exactly what I needed to know. We do not have that type of glue stick here in New Jersey, but there are several I can choose from. I guess ABS is just going to be a problem. I had better luck using 3 to 4 layers of the dried liquid glue that came with the CUBE3, though it did make setting the Z gap a bit more difficult. Best regards, Rob
    - - - - - - - - - -

Is anyone familiar with geckotek? I ordered the EZ-Stik cold to try it out. I will report back on how well it works when it gets here.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will respectfully disagree on the 'just a glue stick'. I've tried to crack that nut and there is some magic in those bottles. A lot of it has to do with consistency of course, but I've tried the Elmer's glues with very disappointing results. I was a holdout on LokBuild for a long time. I finally gave in even though I still use CubeGlue. I've spent more on Elmers than I have on CubeGlue in 3 years!

1-bottle - 1 year of printing. Follow my technique. I can make that promise from experience. Treat a bottle of CubeGlue as a concentrate. The older it gets, the better it gets.

The first image shows typical contact pressure for my prints - no splaying in the test print. The test print has a larger initial gap.
    The second shows a light glue film on LokBuild. On removing parts, the glue invariably remains on the LokBuild. This allows a 'recharge' with a spritz bottle of water. I've broken layer bonds over this hold in the CubePro using ABS! Not kidding.

- - - - - - - - - -

Come to think of it, the CubeGlue just has trouble sticking to the original Cube3 build surface
    Attached Images Attached Images

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    I will respectfully disagree on the 'just a glue stick'. I've tried to crack that nut and there is some magic in those bottles. A lot of it has to do with consistency of course, but I've tried the Elmer's glues with very disappointing results. I was a holdout on LokBuild for a long time. I finally gave in even though I still use CubeGlue. I've spent more on Elmers than I have on CubeGlue in 3 years!

1-bottle - 1 year of printing. Follow my technique. I can make that promise from experience. Treat a bottle of CubeGlue as a concentrate. The older it gets, the better it gets.

The first image shows typical contact pressure for my prints - no splaying in the test print. The test print has a larger initial gap.
    The second shows a light glue film on LokBuild. On removing parts, the glue invariably remains on the LokBuild. This allows a 'recharge' with a spritz bottle of water. I've broken layer bonds over this hold in the CubePro using ABS! Not kidding.

- - - - - - - - - -

Come to think of it, the CubeGlue just has trouble sticking to the original Cube3 build surface
    I still ordered the EZ-Stik Cold thing which is a build platform made for 3D printing. They are supposed to be pretty decent from what I have heard and they arn't that expensive. Yeah I haven't had much luck with glue sticks but I thought it was because I bought the generic store brand. I have high hopes for this build surface I have coming in and I just hope it is better than printing on the sticky side of blue tape. I have never tried cube glue because I never got any when I received my printer. My printer was an Ekocycle that was given to an FIRST Robotics Competition team and they must have used it a lot because the build platform was a little messed up and there was a dried up generic glue stick in the box.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to your report on the new surface. I only lucked into the CubeGlue thing. It just works and you know the saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.". In this case, it ain't broke. And I'm staring at 9 new bottles of CubeGlue as I type. The big difference is that originally, You loose all that glue by washing it from the build plate. Most of the glue just stuck to the part which also required washing. LokBuild reversed that scenario. No washing of parts or build plates. Just recharge the glue with a spritz of water and a finger rub. Also remember to thin the glue nearly 3:1 with water depending on consistency. It should be fairly runny.

Okay, there is one 'broke' part to CubeGlue - not readily available. I wish I knew the formula.

- - - - - - - - - -

I wonder if watered down wood glue would be close for a fixing glue. I suspect it will work better than office products.