Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Rapide Lite 200 won't power on

I may have broken my printer.

Here's what I did. Assembled with printer without problems, connected to power and PC via USB, installed and configured Rumba driver and Repetier-host, and was successfully driving X, Y, and Z movements via manual control from Repetier-host. While manually driving X, Y, and Z the printer's power cord became unplugged (not a secure connection as has been pointed out). I heard no audible Zap, no flash, no smoke. When I plugged it back in nothing happened, the power switch has no effect, and now I can't turn it on again. Reset button has no effect. I removed and inspected the fuse and it appears to have not blown. I've removed the bottom cover and visually inspected the connections and the power supply and there does not appear to be anything damaged or disconnected.

Any ideas? Did I blow my powersupply? Broken switch? How would I know if I did blow the power supply? What are my chances of getting support from Ethan and the Rapide-3d.com company?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try another power cord?
    Do you have a multimeter to check if power is arriving to the ends of it?
    Or into the power source?

Another option would be to open the power source and check for any blown component, and test the power on several points...

May be check the power button as it has proben to be faulty on some printers too.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bolsoncerrado guessed it. The power cord had failed when the printer was abruptly unplugged. I'm surprised that a simple physical copper power cord could "fail" like that. Is this common? I'm planning to dissect the power cord to see if I can locate the failure.

I'll pass along the information to Ethan at Rapide 3d. Perhaps they can provide a higher gauge power cord in future.