Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Frame Cannot Fit

Hi All,

Would need some help. After I assembled the frame, I tried to put it on the base but it couldn't fit. I thought I didn't align the screws on the frame properly and the support legs are not perpendicular to the frame. This is what I did next:

1. Align one support leg on the base.
    2. Make the frame sit and fastened one of the four screws.
    3. Try to slide in the other support leg.

The other support leg couldn't fit in. Am I not understanding the instructions properly or did my parts got out of tolerance?

Would appreciate any advise. Thank you.

Align to one side:
    IMG_20150201_034715.jpg

The other side cannot fit:
    IMG_20150201_035203.jpg
    Last edited by xyz; 01-31-2015 at 09:18 PM.

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try this

IMG_20150201_034715.jpg

Basically the upright frame should sit in the centre of the printer on both sides.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Measure across the outside of the bed frame rails, mine measures ~254mm

Is the problem in the frame or the bed rails?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi xyz, in the photos above, it shows that the frame is not assembled as per pages 4 and 5 of the manual (link shown on page 2 of sticky note). All the screws should be in holding the frame to the support (not too tight until all together) and the assembled frame should fit OK over the bed supports. Ian

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the inputs!

Quote Originally Posted by BobenhamHotspur View Post
    Try this

Basically the upright frame should sit in the center of the printer on both sides.
    Actually, I have tried making the frame sit on different positions on the bed (around center, front, etc). But I don't think it should matter as the sides of the bed are parallel and the distance between the two sides should be the same at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by milstream View Post
    Measure across the outside of the bed frame rails, mine measures ~254mm

Is the problem in the frame or the bed rails?
    Mine measures about 254.5mm(measured with ruler). The part of the frame where it sits across the support legs are 265.5mm(measured with ruler). Thickness of support legs are 5.88mm and 5.91mm (measured with caliper).

So by some basic calculations, they shouldn't fit. But the difference is not much that makes me concerned about the accuracy of the measurements I took. Also, I have no idea which dimensions are too big or small.

Quote Originally Posted by Zl1aox View Post
    Hi xyz, in the photos above, it shows that the frame is not assembled as per pages 4 and 5 of the manual (link shown on page 2 of sticky note). All the screws should be in holding the frame to the support (not too tight until all together) and the assembled frame should fit OK over the bed supports. Ian
    I am actually following the instructions and assembled the frame as instructed. But when the frame couldn't sit on the bed, I thought that the support legs are not 90 degrees to the frame. Then I went to a "back-to-basics" approach to line up the support legs with the bed (so the support legs will be parallel) and then try to sit the frame on it and that is how I got here.

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I misunderstood the problem in my earlier reply.

It appears you have not joined the two uprights to the main cross frame together correctly, they need screwing together before you then connect it to the base.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BobenhamHotspur View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood the problem in my earlier reply.

It appears you have not joined the two uprights to the main cross frame together correctly, they need screwing together before you then connect it to the base.
    I have done that initially but the assembly could not fit and that made me to try another method to ensure that it is not a manufacturing fault but it looks like it is now.

Not sure how Ethan will handle this case. I don't think I have seen anyone having this problem in the forums.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAve you tried just bending it out a bit ? Mine was also so tight they could not be set in place without bending out a bit in the bottom, don't remember if it was that mush though.

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The gap between my main uprights measure ~242mm, what does your measure?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post some more photos, from a wider view to see the whole frame, can't tell from the close-ups how you are aligning them.