Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jonatan!

I wonder why 180mm?

I also wonder why did you cut in half your camera holder. I did manage to print it in full with the rapide!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt need anymore And i wanted to add a Brim to counter warping - since the object was quite big. Since we're already limited to a width of 195mm, 180mm seemed ok. When using 180mm, the disc fits nicely on top the disc holder.
    2015-03-17 21.54.09.jpg
    Btw:

"Hi everyone! We will sell the full Ciclop DIY kit on March. For more information contact with http://www.bq.com/gb/contact.html."

Quoted from Jesús Arroyo, BQ employee.
    http://diwo.bq.com/en/presentacion-c.../#comment-1377

This means that they will start to sell the electronics needed. So probably the all the ZUM-stuff you need and the stepper & lasers etc.
    I was hoping to make a Raspberry Pi version of it so i wont have to have my stationary computer running when scanning - but if they present an DIY electronics kit, i will probably buy them instead Seems easier to me since i dont have the required skillset.

I've looked at FreeLSS, and that seems like a good way to start. They have a convenient web interface and i had not much trouble getting it to run on a raspberry. I get the camera running - but will still need PCB for controlling the stepper and lasers :/
    Last edited by JonatanJacobsson; 03-17-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, I forgot to upload these pics yesterday, but hopefully you can see where I have placed the electrical tape on the UNO usb port so it dosnt short the shield:

zumtape.jpg

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got my kit from ned73 today. Already soldered up and ready to go. When I get the rest of my parts. Thanks ned23 it's a great service you offer.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heres another pic showing stepper orientation on the ZUMSCAN shield, I forgot to upload this the other day:

zumstepper.jpg

As you can see, with the A4988 driver you mount the stepper so the trim pot is closest to the power supply in.

Just an update, my other laser arrived today, which rather surprised me, hooked it up, and went through the wizard again but it didnt like the auto check for some reason, the skipped and went to calibrate (BTW this is the windows version of horus I am using), and the lasers flicker fine then go to scan and I still get the double ghost image for some reason - is it possible that there are supposed to be 2 separate images that will be "meshed" together when you export this to the conversion program?

Anyways, I tried the auto wizard again, and no luck, then I went to calibrate, and the laser calibration failed, yet I can manually turn the lasers on and off and spin the table around no problems.

I will try and uninstall horus and reinstall and start fresh now that my lasers are dead vertical and focused to a nice crisp line..... and the struggle continues.... dare I ask what lasers will everyone else be using?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say you better ask in english on the Google group for Horus... and then share results here

Jesus monitors that group and hopefully he can help a bit more than us

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm do you have a link to that group by any chance?

I managed to uninstall horus then reinstall it and got further along the calibration process where the lasers are now triangulated... but still ghosting the image....

Post Thanks / Like

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link, have posted my message hopefully we can get some detailed setup instructions.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, last update before I give up for tonight LOL, I need a life!!

I managed to triangulate the lasers in the manual setup, and the bed calibration and did a scan, but now I am missing the base of the part for some reason.... so this will be a very steep learning curve....