Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well in my haste, I have just sent off the PCB files for a quote from an Australian PCB manufacturer..... lets see what the price will be.

Post Thanks / Like
    PCB for ... the shield?

Post Thanks / Like

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep for the ZUMSCAN shield that sits ontop of the ZUM BT328 rev2 or any arduino uno from my understanding, I think the ZUM BT328 rev2 is a modified UNO with built in on board Bluetooth with some other custom fancy bits (like the alamode) otherwise a standard UNO will do and it just needs the ZUMSCAN shield to sit ontop, and since I am unable to purchase the ZUM BT328 rev2 as I am from Australia (they only ship to Europe at the moment), then making the shield and using a $10 Uno might be the way to go for me.

I wont start the build until I have a definite price on the shield quote (looks like min purchase is 5 pieces, but getting a quote for 10 and 20 also) and can get all the pcb components..... if someone can tell me what rating the polyfuses are on the ZUMSCAN that would help lol, they list the values for the other items but for some strange reason those polyfuses are MF-Rxx_S1_12.0.. just need to know what the xx bit is.... otherwise all the bits are cheap on element 14.....

Post Thanks / Like
    i can get you one if you want me to ship to you?

Post Thanks / Like
    ZUM Scan BOM and plaque mapping:

http://diwo.bq.com/en/zum-scan-released-2

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep thats the board I just got the quote on, the pcb for 20 units will come to AUD$416.50 divide by 20 makes AUD$20.82, made in Australia though, probably be MUCH cheaper made in China, but would prefer to support a company that I can drive to within 20 minutes!!!! The PCB components are not included in that price though but seem to be rather cheap. Do we know if the board they are selling comes with this as well as it looks to me that they are two separate products.... I hope I am making sense.... Looks like I may have to ask a favour to have you buy the board and shield and ship it on out LOL
    Last edited by ned73; 02-06-2015 at 05:03 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I have just purchased the two lasers from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141362575...84.m1497.l2649

And I have sliced all the components ready to print, now just waiting for some filament to turn up..... I think I may buck the trend and make mine green.... or grey..... or orange.... LOL....

I already have the stepper motor and driver as spares from my Shapeoko build, the bearing I can get down the road from my work at CBC bearings, and the M8 rod is plentiful at my work as are the fasteners..... the only real expense will be the ZUM BT328 rev2 and the ZUMSCAN.....and the webcam.... when you think about it this is actually a surprisingly affordable and practical build, I have to hand it to the guys who have invented this and have gone open source with it, extremely well done!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, if we can reach that level of detail they show on their website its indeed a very nice build for being a DIY!

Has anyone sourced the antisliding rubber yet?

NED, yes, the shield is a sepparate add on and not included in the Zuma BT328. They dont have it up for sale yet though

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will be interesting to see the price of he ZUMSCAN when its available, as I said, I have the quote for the pcbs and the components will be about AUD$10-13 to go ontop, so worst case is if I had to build it myself - 20 units would come to AUD$35-40 per piece depending on exchange rates, so its a wait and see until that part is released.

The rubber, after a quick google search (for Aussie suppliers):

http://www.totalrubber.com.au/catalogue/catalogues

with prices:

http://www.totalrubber.com.au/downlo...icing_1108.pdf

1220mm wide, sold by the lineal meter, AUD$38.90, however, I believe this stuff can be found in auto supply store as the adhesive sound proofing stuff you would put in your car which comes in small format and much cheaper and even cheaper still from Clark rubber, on a roll.. its everywhere LOL..... then again everything is more expensive in Australia so everyone overseas should find it much more cheaply....

So will wait until that Zumscan is released before organising to buy the electronics set...
    Last edited by ned73; 02-07-2015 at 11:51 PM.