Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Miniatures / action figures

Hi, is anyone here printing action figures with Cube 3?
    I tried Cube Print with supports and results are really bad. Cube Print with Meshmixer supports came out good but it can be better.
    Are other Slicers working better with Cube 3 and supports?
    Thank you for tips.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

I have tried with DnD miniatures, and had little luck when they require lots of support. I've tried adding my own supports, using other tools, like you used Meshmixer. TommyDee might have an idea as I have seem some of his supports that just break off cleanly -- and I have been meaning to ask him about that.
    Last edited by buddybu; 02-10-2020 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added welcome message

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rinse-away supports works much better for densely supported prints.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the welcome.

I have one cartridge with rinse-away material, I will definitely try it if I manage to dual print (I know about your thread here and thanks for it).

So the solution for miniatures = Cube Print + rinse-away supports

And for bigger action figures (for example 10x10x10 cm, PLA)?
    Cube Print automatic generated supports are clogging my Nozzle. It doesn't matter if I use original cartridge or modded one from this forum. Everytime it ends with under extrusion.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Cubify slicer is not too good on dense supports. It just jams more material in the same space and that causes clogs. I definitely prefer the Meshmixer supports.

There is also the ABS/PLA mix. In early days, 3DS touted washing away PLA from ABS prints with Lye. Interesting concept but haven't tried it. This is still supported on CubePro.