Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Cuube 3 nozzle size?

Hello, does anyone know the exact size of the Cube 3 jet nozzle diameter? I have checked everywhere and no one really knows. I'm looking into getting a new 3d printer with the exact specifications as the Cube 3. I need to know if other 3D printers will print my parts with the same exact accuracy. Does anyone have any advice, recommendations or suggestions about getting another 3D printer/printers that comes close to the Cube 3? Also, if you know the exact size of the Cube 3 jet nozzle, I would be so grateful to you for that information.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am using 0.40mm. I've come to this with some pretty close looking. This helped -

Cubify was/is a unique slicer. You could take Cubify print files and maybe convert them to another printer but the right way is to dial in a recipe to match Cubify performance. There is a lot of data in the files to build a recipe from. After that, your new printer and slicer will give you a lot more new and cool things to play with.

And welcome to the forum droid!
    Last edited by TommyDee; 03-04-2020 at 07:49 AM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I didn't know I would get such a quick response! TommyDee, indeed you are amazing! I'm a fan of your posts/work! Love what you are doing to keep the cube 3 alive-genius! 3DS can suck it for leaving us out by the waste side and abandoning this amazing little machine. Thanks for confirming the exact size of the nozzle. I am thinking of downloading the cubetoolbox at some point because I cant find the filament colors that I need anymore. All I can get is black from Walmart or go to Ebay and buy some old stock filament in bulk colors that I don't need. When you mentioned in your response that the Cubify slicer is unique, how is it different form other slicers that come with other 3D printers? If I invest in another 3D printer, do you think it will slice the part the same as the Cubify slicer? Thanks again buddy for reaching out to me and making me feel welcome to the forum. Attached is a photo of the part that I am concerned about. Wishing you all the best!
    Attachment 3588

4. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Cubify slicer is one of the originals. It is highly refined for structural integrity for its time. Today, slicers have capabilities beyond this. The trick is to find the right slicer to mimic 3DS/Cubify. However, the level of control 3rd party slicers give is overwhelming at times. But having that level of control is always welcome at some point.

I like the Cubify software because it is brute force generic. If it prints, it will print the same over and over. If it is horrible, it will always be horrible. The model you are making should be easy to do on any slicer. Set the top layers & bottom layers and it should do similar to what you have. Feed and speed of the filament and deposition will take care of how well the surfaces fill.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Droid! Yeah, once you switch to the B2B solution that TommyDee designed, then you'll not have a shortage of filament. Of course, you'll need to

1. Modify your firmware to not decrement the chip percentage
    2. Use the chip reprogramming tool to set the chip percentage to 98 or 99 % and set the chip filament type/color.

The chip reprogramming tool is the one that Tomuro designed and if you send your chip to TommyDee, he will reprogram them to your specs. (Right TD? )

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I will. Or help someone make their own wand

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great! TommyDee, you definitely answered my question regarding the potential of other users with a different 3D printer being able to use their slicer to print the part on the photo. Thanks buddybu for chiming in with the extra pointers. I really appreciate your input and suggestions. I just don't know what you mean by switching to the B2B solution? Nevertheless, you guys have been so much help. Who knew droids could get a tuneup on here, or if your a wizard, get a magic wand hand crafted by TommyDee. You guys are the best!

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The B2B solution is a printable set of parts created by TommyDee that allow you to continue to use your Cube3 (or Ekocycle in my case) printer. These facilitate the usage of existing 3DS filament cartridges, but once those are empty, you can use any filament, short of TPU or other very abrasive filaments (carbon fiber), on the cube. TD has done a number of them, and I have converted two Ekocycles into Cube3 printers and then freed them with Tomuro's software and TD's magic wand and B2B (Back 2 Basics) objects....

My current project is reviving a dead Cube2 with a new motherboard, Marlin firmware and a new hotend (the old one died) while using the existing axis motors and extruder.

10. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks droid. Indeed we have a few more things for you to enjoy over time as you find them. B2B stands for Back-2-Basics. This is when we gave up on printed filament driver hubs and went for the simplest upgrade possible for bowden tube mods. There is one set that utilizes the quick connect fittings and another that is a screw-on connection of the bowden tube. You can find a lot of my designs on Thingiverse for Cube3 by searching "back-2-Basics Cube3". I'm Qube3Bot on Thingiverse.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    When im done with my cube, you are Welcome to convert yours too to use it with MarlinFirmware running the slicer of your choice

- - - - - - - - - -

Conversion cost Amazon.de aprox 85€,aliexpress the half of that...
    Essentialy one 3ds filament spool...