Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing visible (like the notification that says "loading Drivers"), but USB Serial Port did show up in Device Manager.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's crazy. And you are using the large square USB-B port on the right?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    :-) - yes, that's the only one that the cable will plug into...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had to confirm Okay CubePrint it is.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one more PC in the house - my wife's notebook - so I tried it, and it actually did load. I use all of my machines for embedded development, so I'm guessing that I have another driver loaded that conflicts with the 3D Systems driver.

Anyway, when I went to print something, it tries to do it, but 3D Print status says "Unsupported Printer - Cube 3", and when I hit the print button on the Cube after the print file has been sent down, it says "Invalid Format".

Enough of this. Microsoft is fighting me at every step.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! I did have one of those errors too and it came from my impatience where these files will crash into each other while processing and sending.

Required a huge breath before I waited long enough. Very slow process. That is why I needed to see the file being sent.

Brave soul you are taking on the wife's computer. Kudos!

Because M$ treated this on a commerce level, the printer has its own 'server' assigned, best that I can tell. It has a specific 'port' created. Messing with that link is what blows up the driver. I suspect your embedded environment isn't creating this special port.

Unsupported printer has nothing to do with anything other than a distraction. It is just a designation and doesn't seem to flag or trigger anything. It might flag a 3rd party app that they can't rely on the UI as I know we can't.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 03-15-2020 at 07:47 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brave? Well she doesn't know (yet...)

Yes, I think I did send twice because nothing seemed to be happening.

Turns out the computer was wanting to reboot anyway because of a pending Windows update. After reboot it seems to be working. Now, I just have to figure out how to get away with her PC when I want to print...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is good to hear. You have persistence greater then mine. Hats off to you my friend