Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice job on the bltouch. I guess I'll have to go with it too.

I have been busy trying to pacify my "loose cable OCD", so finally I designed a couple of parts to match the printer and adapt a cable chain to guide hotbed cables. No more cables left loose on the printer.

You can find the files here.

Last edited by cucurutxo; 05-25-2020 at 06:46 AM.

2. Likes TommyDee, SixNix liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    How convenient Nice implementation of the cable track!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Job M8. Soon going for a hotbed too.but first need to get a bigger plate.

The BLtouch give a very nice 1 layer print, believe me

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ercnbal View Post
    Can coreXY design help for reducing the effect of the high inertia?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ramiM3KHYE
    You would Profit with corexy Design only if you go bowden setup so you loose a Lot of weight there

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercnbal View Post
    I agree with you TommyDee. "Modern Firmware" can slow down at the corners, which eliminate the one of the important factor for vibration. When we generate the print file with Simplify3D, does this upgrade will come with the code?

Although I havent got any experience about bowden exturusion system it might be benefical for decreasing the weight of the moving parts.

Maybe it will be benefical for holding one extruder in it's original condition for flexible and high detail printing.
    I 'll try to dismount one of the extruder to experiment it's effect.

By the way I have a huge vibration problem in the Z axis so I couln't print anything :/. Do you have any trick/ suggestions?
    I used machine oil for axes and try to calibrate the pad with white a4 paper.
    That function is called linear advance in marlin, you find that in configuration.adv, use the marlin Wiki to help you Set it up

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by razor81 View Post
    You would Profit with corexy Design only if you go bowden setup so you loose a Lot of weight there

- - - - - - - - - -

That function is called linear advance in marlin, you find that in configuration.adv, use the marlin Wiki to help you Set it up
    Thanks for your guidance, razor81.

Do you think that going with Bowden setup with the stock cubepro will be a good idea? What might be the difference between core xy and cartesian xy designs?

When I used original slicer, I have faced with lots of vibration. I guess that most of the vibrations are generated when stoping or starting the motors.
    So if we can find a way to use " linear advance ", it can provides good quality and fast prints.

Is there a way to use linear advance with the CubePro's original setup?
    I'm using simplify3d with an converter to get cubepro file.

If it's off topic, sorry for that.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    For sure, going core xy would make it lighter, but I think cubepro is not the printer that would benefit the most from a conversion like that.
    Taking X and extruder motors out of the moving parts, would bring it from super heavy to just heavy, because it would still have the 4 super fat aluminium cilinders (yes, aluminium but still a chunk of metal) that hold the bearings for Y and X axis, and the 12 mm steel rods moving as X axis.

Besides that, drive belts would be much more long, so I guess that with the still heavy assembly on X, it would have a backlash that would end up giving similar results.

If I wanted to go core xy, I would only do it if it was accompanied by a deep redesign of linear rails and moving parts to make them significantly light.

8. Likes SixNix liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linear advance sounds like an improvement well deserved for the CubePro rebuilds. That is one of the biggest issues I have with CubePro. The droning sounds permeates my home.

10. Likes SixNix liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cucurutxo is right.

Im trying to design something like this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3594340
    Have se some part already designed but need a lot of work.

i think this is the best way to make it lighter. And i will give up from dual Extruder, just going for one, and when need i manually change the filament.

Quote Originally Posted by cucurutxo View Post
    For sure, going core xy would make it lighter, but I think cubepro is not the printer that would benefit the most from a conversion like that.
    Taking X and extruder motors out of the moving parts, would bring it from super heavy to just heavy, because it would still have the 4 super fat aluminium cilinders (yes, aluminium but still a chunk of metal) that hold the bearings for Y and X axis, and the 12 mm steel rods moving as X axis.

Besides that, drive belts would be much more long, so I guess that with the still heavy assembly on X, it would have a backlash that would end up giving similar results.

If I wanted to go core xy, I would only do it if it was accompanied by a deep redesign of linear rails and moving parts to make them significantly light.