Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    After that going to try OctoPrint, because the material from China is a bit late, and have one here geting dust

Quote Originally Posted by razor81 View Post
    The 8bit Board would only be an Option to use with octoprint so that the raspberry pi 3 does All The calculations, you would be than able to print using Wireless and if you got a spare usb camera, observe your print process and make timelapse videos
    Just my 5c

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, its very good, you have 64bit 1ghz processor doing All The math, no sd or usb, all its done via Wireless( push files) Installation is also straight forward

- - - - - - - - - -

What i also find good about it, you can controll your printer with anything in your Network that has a Web Browser on it(PC, Phone, TV...)
    Last edited by razor81; 05-05-2020 at 01:25 PM.

3. Thanks SixNix thanked for this post
    Likes SixNix liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cucurutco, can you share the file MKS GEN L adapter, because in the Thingsverse didnt exist..

tks

Quote Originally Posted by cucurutxo View Post
    Hi all,

On august 2018 I bought the best Cubepro you could find, one with burnt electronics. It was a real bargain.
    I have had no time to build it in almost two years, but now, being at home all day, has been the perfect moment.
    The idea was to go on with a sapre mega, ramps and DRVs I had, but at the end I decided to go for the MKS GEN L and 2130s,
    Since I consider that still today is one of the best mechanically built printers out there I decided to keep everythig as original as possible. Motors, endstops, fans, lights, extruders and hotends, and 24v PSU are kept.
    I added a 300x300 hotbed with a 220V 500W silicone mat with an SSR, and a 12V PSU for the board, fans and leds.
    24V PSU is used fot the extreuder with a stepdown to 19V.

Everithig is a little messy at the moment, but I will start printing electronics supports and tiding everithing up soon. I made replacement TFT holder for a MKS TFT 24 that fits great and gives the same look as the original one, except for the SD slot.

By the way, altough it at was a single extruder cubepro, the seller sent it with two extruders and hotends, so, adding the second one will be the next step.

Here are some pictures.

I'll keep posting as there are more advances.

- - - - - - - - - -

The adapters for tidying up the layout are ready. One for the board, one for the PSU and a third one for the SSR, mosfet and stepdown. They all use original screw holes on the printer, so there is no need to drill. They are intended to be temporary, because later on I want to include cable routing structures to them, but you never know.

STL and SLDPRT are available if someone wants to use it or modify it.

MKS GEN L adapter
    PSU adapter
    SSR, mosfet and stepdown adapter

Some pictures

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done.
    I thought them 3 were up, but the mks was uploaded but not published.
    It is done in two parts, in order to drive the LCD flat cable under the board and to the the left side of the printer. Useful for a preliminary layout, but I definetly will revise it in the future.

6. Thanks SixNix thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tks a lot M8

Quote Originally Posted by cucurutxo View Post
    Done.
    I thought them 3 were up, but the mks was uploaded but not published.
    It is done in two parts, in order to drive the LCD flat cable under the board and to the the left side of the printer. Useful for a preliminary layout, but I definetly will revise it in the future.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made a new addition to the project. I designed a cooling duct for the board that uses the original rubber silencing bolts from the electronics blower. Just print, place, turn and ready to go. After all, we don't want our new board to end up burnt as most of CUBEPROs electronics, end

If you print two, you can direct the other to the mosfet and SSR.

Files available here.

I prefer assembling and glueing rather than big support and odd surfaces, so you can find the full duct, or the split one to print in two parts and glue.

Last edited by cucurutxo; 05-13-2020 at 05:48 AM.

9. Thanks SixNix, bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    Likes TommyDee, SixNix, bolsoncerrado liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Add m8.
    Soon i wil add a BLtouch Support. Since i have double extruder, dint have much room to put it :S

And heat chamber is working now . Now only miss the heated bed :S

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have another extruder left, but I'm using driver on E1 for Y2 motor.
    How are you planning to set up Y2 and E1, using a divider on the Y motor and invert the cables o the Y2 motor or using an expander to add 6th driver?

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome duct mate, thanks for sharing!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the like original CubePRo, one cable for the two stepper. the original cable can handle that.

M8, do you have any idea where to put the BLtouch ?
    Last edited by SixNix; 05-13-2020 at 01:48 PM.