Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Help me Cube 3 3d

Hey i m from Argentina, so sorry for my english. I have a Cube 3 3D hacked ( I followed the instructions on this website). But now i have a new problem. The status of the filament is 0%, so the printer doesnt let me print nothing. Anyone have any idea ? please i need it. Thank u anyway

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no quick fix. You need a new chip or a chip resetter. The Cube must have a valid chip to print.
    Do you do electronics or Arduino?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    What filament Chip Do you need?
    I could Ship you one from Germany... ��

4. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sure, i know about Arduino but I have only arduino uno and nano. If you teach me i think i can fix it.

- - - - - - - - - -

You re the best, thank u so much. But in Argentina we have a problem in the customs ( i think that is the name) and is slow. So if you send me something from another country maybe i can have it in 6 month.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by James Hitch View Post
    Get more info here
    Doesn t work this link

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marmii View Post
    Hey i m from Argentina, so sorry for my english. I have a Cube 3 3D hacked ( I followed the instructions on this website). But now i have a new problem. The status of the filament is 0%, so the printer doesnt let me print nothing. Anyone have any idea ? please i need it. Thank u anyway
    I found this. I m not sure what he do exactly but i thing that maybe can work. Anyone who can help me ? http://3dprintedinthe.us/?q=node/1

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    James Hitch is a spammer.

Arduino NANO is perfect. Do you have a 2.2K or slightly less resistor, and maybe a 10 or 100K resistor?

You want to read this thread. You have what you need to reset your chip.

http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...muro-s-Circuit

A basic version only needs Arduino IDE to change the value of the chip on-screen.
    Arduino NANO A0 pulled up with 2.2K from 5V is the signal. D4 needs to be tied low.
    Install ReCube Light on the NANO.
    Recharge your chip. long trace to ground; short trace to A0.

- - - - - - - - - -

For the ReCube stand alone; D4 is pulled up to 5 volts for the trigger the write operation. No interface required. That is why the pull-down resistor needs to be there so D4 doesn't float between hi and lo.

The chip is a one-wire device that modulated the voltage to provide the digital signal. The device requires a resistor of 2.2K or less to provide an adequate signal according to the specification sheet.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 04-23-2020 at 07:46 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much. Can i text you for private ? because i have a littles problems in the traduction without obligation obviously.
    Well i read the post and i understand this:
    1- configure arduino nano (the code is on this website "Tomorus hacking blog"
    2- connect all the things as are in the post that you send me
    3- connect the arduino to my computer and to the printer too and send some commands through the serial
    I'm correct ?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 & 2 yes - 3 no - ReCube has an internal serial interface. To see ReCube, open Arduino IDE and open serial window for the port your NANO is connected to. Use 115200 baud on the serial window. A menu will appear. You can load ReCube anytime onto the Arduino NANO (nano only). This thread will explain the installation batch file - http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...nd-Help-Thread

To operate the device, you connect to the cartridge chip directly with some kind of probes you must make. On the Arduino serial window, you will be able to interrogate the chip. You can then reset the chip to 98% if you enter the command "7,98;<enter>"
    Proper connection is gnd on the long trace of the chip and A0 to the short trace.

Feel free to ask specifics here. Best for all to see what it takes. You communicate well.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I m followig the instructions but i have a problem when i m trying to upload the code in arduino. The problem is in the last row, said "exponent has no digits". Also that the instruccions said "contact with tomuro" i have send a mail to he but i m not sure if they wanna text me cause i saw the date of the publication on him website and are from 2018.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can help. I have seen these errors. Is your NANO an old bootloader or current bootloader?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have arduino nano 328p