Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    3D print files are triangulation files. The slicers determine closed volumes and perimeters and also somehow generate special support geometry that can be single wall. All other geometry will be double wall, typically 1mm thick as a minimum thickness for a lot of printer platforms. Special attention can be put onto advanced slicers and machines to dial that down to thinner wall thicknesses. I don't know what the limit of FDM is at this moment. I want to say 0.6 since the smallest nozzle I know is 0.3. But this requires control over the printer. We don't have that in the 3D Systems solution. Looks like we can get there, but this is an old platform for hardware upgrades.

As to the Cubify Slicers that 3D systems has done, I like them more than most people. Not as fond of CubePro, and likely by extension CubeX, because it is not the 'norm'. Most printers walk along a nominal path. They error inside and outside the periphery of the part. By contrast, the CubePro slicer makes sure [tries] the part is always within an envelope. This means they offset the walls by their error quotient. This tends to remove a lot of inside walls due to lack of thickness. An option was later restored within a slicer UI so at least the geometry would exist even if outside the bounds. The second bad thing they introduced was a lattice every so many layers. This would inevitably show on the outside of the print as the 'routine' was broken up. This makes aesthetic prints impossible. Structurally, CubePro makes excellent ABS prints. I have no complaints whatsoever in this regard. It has been reliable and fairly easy to set up. CubeX should be even simpler.

Leveling; You are leveling the bed to the frame and you level the second nozzle to first. You might have to look for that procedure on youtube. It's a process but once attained, done. I aim for a 0.25mm gap from where the micro-switch stops the Z-movement. The test is printing 2 filaments and one extruder doesn't knock over your test tower.

I've use tape-dots to alter the gap slightly on prints if I feel the need to do fine adjustments. You might have a means to easily shim the micro-switch or make small adjustments. That is easier than releveling the plate. Maybe aim for 0.2mm and shim to allow greater clearance if needed. Also consider that you like want a better build surface. There are some very nice pieces that will add a millimeter or so to the overall thickness. Planning ahead on making gap changes has paid off in spades.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 04-28-2020 at 08:09 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, everyone.

I have only one Pla cartridge while 2 abs. Unfortunately half of the chip of the my PLA cartridge is lost. Is there any way to make a PLA chip to use this half ?
    pla.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Do you have any idea

3. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Find the other half and some superglue. It will at least look whole CubePro chips are vulnerable upon installation into the cartridge. I broke one exactly like that once.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Find the other half and some superglue. It will at least look whole CubePro chips are vulnerable upon installation into the cartridge. I broke one exactly like that once.

I couldn't find. May I use the abs cartridges chip for Pla filament?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can but very carefully. You will slice you file as PLA and change the header in the file to ABS to match the chip. All the commands will be based on PLA settings.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any way to fool the chips? to put different brand filament into the cartridge and run it

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes there is. There is a way to tell the chip how much material is in the cartridge so you can add more physical material of your choice to the spool.

The device is ReCube by a man named Tomuro. You can build the device or buy one.

To make one you can learn more here - http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ro%27s+circuit

Or you can get in touch with our member WilliamLiu - http://www.print3dforum.com/member.php/7808-williamliu to buy a ready built solution.