Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Printing via SD Card

I saw mention somewhere that you can print to the SD and have the Rapide take it from there - any idea how to do this?

I'm using a MAC and Repetier - as I couldn't see the SD card from Cura.

Do I have to load the model first to the SD and then tell it to print - or can I send via Repetier or some such?

I'm printing quite nicely now - but need my latop for other things!

Thanks!

Clayton

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can load the model directly into Repetier or MatterControl and print directly from there, it will slice and output to G-Codes to send to the printer.

You can also prepare and slice the models into G-Codes and save it on your hard disk and upload to the SD card (via your laptop SDcard slot or software upload manager) and print from the SD card.

In Repetier, you will find the SD card manager under the Print menu or look to the tab menu "SD Card", select the file and print

In MatterControl, load the model, Export... to the SD card and print from there

Sorry, no idea how to use Cura to print from SD card.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I figured out that the models that are supplied, for example, just have to be dragged into the root directory for them to show up in the SD Card Manager in Repetier. I was trying the print them from the folder, which, although they are seen in repetier when you mount the SD down in the feedback window - they are old selectable if you put them in the root directory - and only then if you respect the 8.3 naming convention (no caps or special characters).

Then when you print - it looks like it hasn't printed, as it says it's done printing tot he card and nothing happens - I sent a print a few times - and then it became Frankenprinter... I couldn't get it to stop printing bunnies :-) Below are the results. I printed at .2mm in PLA - it stuck fine to the BPT, but was not sticking to the Kapton. I did this with no support material.

IMG_2439.jpgIMG_2438.jpg

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    very nice indeed !!!!!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! I was also wondering how i could print via SD-card Thanks!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best is to save the G-code out of slider to the SD card directly and then print from Repetier via the SD card Manager - MUCH faster for the transfer of the file.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like I can't print from SD anymore... not sure why - but i can start the print, but as soon as I shut down Repetier or unplug the USB - it quits a few seconds later - any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Something else must be missing because Rapide recommends Cura all the time but I cant manage to get Cura to load the SD at all...

I'm insterested too!

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clayton View Post
    It seems like I can't print from SD anymore... not sure why - but i can start the print, but as soon as I shut down Repetier or unplug the USB - it quits a few seconds later - any ideas?
    Sounds like it's not really printing from the SD card hence when you quit the software or pull the cable it fails.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    My SD card comes empty(and unformatted). Can anybody upload the files inside the card if there is good interesting models to print? You can forget it if there is bad models.