Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I don't like their filament. I have to cut the cart tonight I fixed all my carts with new stuff. I ordered more good filament. IT doesn't work bad at all after drying though for 24 hours. It is pretty good but after that it becomes crap again. I experimented with acetone to clean residue and works great. I would not use it for smoothing pla though. There is a lot of stress on filament the way it is designed. I really want to upgrade after this lol. Just printer I want was discontinued as well. Anycubic 4max pro and it was sold out. However I did learn they are coming out with new version in July. I will be probably letting kids use cube mainly and of course it means making as easy as possible for them. I need learn z gapping today adjustment. I got few nozzle dents in plate. I'm using the sticker that came with overture filament. I got dents from not using sticker.

- - - - - - - - - -

Update now, I am just trying to print spool holder so more messing with carts. I got one cut with clips that broke off. I am becoming a good at taking apart carts and putting them back together. I only lost one spring for nozzle. I get to try to look for replacement. I have 6 carts in total. i eventually want to load both sides. IS there a secret to keep the nozzle from dragging? Is it z gap setting or I am putting the nozzle together tight? I tried print with both and nozzle where both touching the work. I only had one cued. Is there going to be time I don't have run filament after i get everything setup? I like to make 4 things at least without redoing lol. I get one right now. I know I get there but it alittle frustrating. The machine is simple and safe for being around kids. The spool I'm going have get a clear tub for and sit right by the machine. Lightbulb moment. I can use tub as spool holder with hole drilled into it. Yay Then I can get into fun stuff. Thank You Michelle

2. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few dents in the plate will be corrected when you break down and find LokBuild PLA smoother is an alkaline agent like Lye. 3DS use to use PLA for support for ABS that could be eaten away with lye. Nasty process but there you go.

Find the spring. Or, if you already have one of my printed nozzles, I have use a pen-spring that clears the Teflon tube but pushes on the stainless tube-part of the nozzle. It doesn't require a lot of pressure.

Matching nozzles to be the same gap is tough. They are a little different and therefore one may knock over the other. The beauty of B2B is that once you do find a good pair, you can keep them paired. The only other solution is to do a nightmare alignment that I don't recommend. however, when I rebuild a nozzle, I make sure the push-nut is moved to within an 1/8th inch from the end. This ensures full seating of the nozzle. There is a tool for that around here somewhere.

And nozzles get a chance to fully seat but no further. You want that position. That is the reason for moving the push-nut. If you moved it too far, it will easily move to a comfortable position.

Tubs make great spool holders

Let me know if I overlooked anything.

http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...Color-Printing

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I have your printed nozzles. I just getting it setup is been hassle sometimes. I found some springs at lowes. Eventually I setup dual. I currently working on where doesn't get jammed. I find right there after extruder it gets bended up right before going into tube. I taking break and figuring it out later today. After I get this figured out I be golden.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, show me what is in the way in pictures and I can see if I understand.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got it working. I finally free of cart lol. I running filament from outside. My solution before was filament was getting stuck or broken at when tube right before exits the cart. I including picture though it doesn't show it happen but i wanted to give update. Thank you for the offer and I am including pictures in case you have better ideas. Keep in mind it before payday if I need get something it will20200520_133033.jpg be after friday lol.20200520_133026.jpg20200520_132928.jpg20200520_133010.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Yeah i used my habor frieght dremmel and I did crappy job of cutting it. I going to sand it down when i got little more patience and gotten used to used to printer working lol

7. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Likes buddybu liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That looks excellent! Fortunately for you I try to design things requiring few extra bit. The groove cutting is by far the riskiest requirement I've had to settle for. But it certainly looks as though you've got my full design intent captured.

9. Thanks froggyfrog thanked for this post
    Likes froggyfrog liked this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your cut looks better than my first cut. I never did sand it down though.

11. Thanks froggyfrog thanked for this post
    Likes froggyfrog liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I see that would pose an issue is the sharp curves from the spool roll, out of the container, and into the drive. When you get toward the end of the filament, I find it gets brittle and the slightest bend would snap it.

13. Likes froggyfrog liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.amazon.com/Befenybay-Pro...0283170&sr=8-1 I'm getting for my printer I wanted to try it. I'm going to be printing a spool hold soon.20200523_200907.jpg20200523_200903.jpg I also ordered to more rolls of filament lol. I making a chess set. Then a bunch of other stuff. I'm excited.I I want eventually get both sides hooked up. I waiting until i have more patience. I'm currently like 37 weeks pregnant and 3d printer has helped me past time. I been on bed rest basically.( Not allowed do anything but sit and lay down ) Yes I made like toys already for my kids too. So I love my box spooler holder lol. MY desk is cluttered at moment too sorry. Oh and my spool holder is designer by me. I used a masking tape lint brush and storage box laying around with painter tape to hold it all together. I feel like Macgyver. I looking simply 3d possibly can it dual boot? or choose which one you want to use? I'm going over to topic to read in few. Thank you Michelle

15. Likes buddybu liked this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, it looks just like my desk.