Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

CubePro Slicer Support Settings

Hi everyone.
    We have 1 cubepro duo printer in our office. I got bad results with support pressure. How can I assign support likeother slicers?
    All supports look like a line How can I change this?

support.JPG

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the type of support supported by the Cubify slicer. I believe CubePro also has options to add manual supports. However, they are of the same type.

Solution is wash away support or Infinity Rinse filament. Otherwise you could model the supports in the original CAD file.

Welcome to the forum canszzz.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tommy
    how can i make manual supports? Are u telling me to draw the cad file with support? or would I draw the support separately and put it into the slicer? Would it be too difficult to seperate the support from both parts ? Are there any videos that I can get help with? And my last question is ( ) What is the solution when I print this piece without support? Thanks for your patience

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the left top of the menu bar, there is a Open Manual Supports button

And yes, I also do some support generation by making real geometry for supports. I make geometry support for overhangs in the style I like or need. If I leave .008" to .010" gap on top of the support, it will break away cleanly.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't I manually support when there is no INF material? because I can't choose the button

- - - - - - - - - -

for example If I want to print a 150-hole piece, do I need to set up manual support for those 150 holes?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you can share what you wish to print and we can make a recommendation.
    You should not have to do manual supports because the default ones are available.

I have only used the created supports once. Don't remember much about but a nice feature.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want the holes to come out properly. Cura also gives support when I do it, but not in this program.
    p.JPG

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is little you can do for holes along the wall. I make them teardrop shaped to compensate.

I'd also turn that part over.

I have to look again how to use the user generated supports. I did do that once and it is slick.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    what is '' teardrop ''? and are u doing them with cubepro slicer?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do that in the design. I make the semi-circle for the bottom half and the upper part looks more like a hex. The hex comes on tangent to the circle at ~45 degrees [overhang]. Then you have a 'bridge' across the remaining gap tangent or slightly over the top of the original circle. A truncated teardrop.

If the hole is big enough the slicer will put supports in the holes. It figures it will make one 'reasonably well' without it.