Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb geeetech 3D printer

anyone owns a geeetech 3d printer? how is this brand? their A30M looks great to me.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum daniel007.

Looks like a sleek model. Looks pretty new too so I do not know how many people will have experience although I would certain encourage you see what people are saying about it, or better, showing you about it's performance.

Know the Geeetech is a reseller. I do not know who's wares they are selling here. That would be my first search. Is it a reputable and reliable service source or are you on your own after the sale. This might be as easy as an email to see what kind of reply you receive.

If you do decide to get one, we'd love to hear about it.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel007 View Post
    anyone owns a geeetech 3d printer? how is this brand? their A30M looks great to me.
    I haven't tried their A30M yet, but I have experience with a A10M mix. It prints pretty well, build quality is similar to an ender 3 when tuned. Dual color switching is very nice, but I don't use it often because color switching would require a large purge block often larger than the build itself. If you do decide to get one, remember to get a BL touch sensor for full auto bed leveling before every print.

As with the experience when received, my geeetech printer required some tuning, almost all v-rollers were loose and required tightening, and the extruder assembly was not well built, I ended up replacing it with an all metal one along with capicorn ptfe tubing. I wouldn't really recommend this printer if you are new to 3d printing, as it won't "just print" when it arrives, I would prefer a CR-10 over this. The bed springs that came with mine were also really bad, often falling off mid print, so I purchased better springs.

5. Likes daniel007, treofab liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the tips.. it just never occured to me color switching would be such an arduous task(turnoff)...