Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Bigtreetech SKR PRO V1.2/Marlin for CubePro Trio

Newbie question:
    I am finally getting enough of the filament chips and hacks and is trying to convert my CubePro Trio to an open controller/software configuration (Bigtreetech SKR PRO V1.2/Marlin). CubePro has dual steppers for Y axis and single for Z. The Bigtreetech SKR PRO has dual stepper outputs for the Z axis. What is the preferred way of using these for the Y-axis? Are there any possibilities to just swap Y and Z through configuration? Is it possible to change the pins.h file and just swap the three pins that goes to each of the stepper drivers? Are there any bindings to the end-stop inputs?
    The existing extruders are sufficient for my usage and I plan to re-use. Does anyone in the forum have or know of, any electrical schematics of the Print Head PCB or pinouts of this PCB to possibly also re-use the filament sensors on the extruders (both feed and presence)?

Tom

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Tom. There has been some recent efforts to re-brain both Cube3 and CubePro hardware. Love to see what you come up with.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time will show........

Post Thanks / Like
    DO you still have to acquire the SKR? Why not a 1.4 and buy endstopless TMC drivers?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    DO you still have to acquire the SKR? Why not a 1.4 and buy endstopless TMC drivers?
    SKR PRO has both X/Y/2xZ and E0/E1/E2 stepper drivers (6+1 motor outputs). Have also bought a set of TMC2209 drivers, but I have no experience with these, so I was planning on starting with some 8825 drivers I have from an old homebuilt Prusa. If you are referring to SKR 1.4, I believe this board has only five stepper outputs. First challenge is to get the two Y-axis steppers to work as Y-axis from the dual Z-axis SKR PRO board output (and Z-axis from the board Y-axis outputs).............and by the way, I am NOT a software expert..........so, if anyone on the forum have tips or a cookbook recipe on how to set up serial stepper drivers, that would be highly appreciated too.
    Last edited by Tomlo; 08-17-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did mine whit a SGen L -v1 32 bits, TMC 2209 whit homeless sensor.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    My original questions in the first post are still unanswered....what is the best method of swapping z and y axis, and is there any detailed insight into the workings of the Print Head PCB? Anyone able to shed some light or am I in the wrong section of the forum?
    Last edited by Tomlo; 08-25-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Marlin, just disable the Dual Z and enable Dual Y, and conect the second Y to E1. The print Head i change to the to E3d V6 keeping the extruder block of CubePro

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

48 VDC for BIGTREETECH SKR PRO V1.2 & SilentStepStick5160hv

I am new in 3D printing. I have just purchased the Creality Ender 5 Plus. For update I have purchased the BIGTREETECH SKR PRO V1.2 with 6 SilentStepSticks 5160hv and a Meanwell 600W 48 VDC power supply. I have purchased the SilentStepSticks 5160hv from Watterott, the partner of Trinamic to design, produce and sell SilentStepSticks.

I have some experience with Trinamic products, an Hamburg, Germany based fabless Semiconductor company. I am a naval modeler and I have worked with the Trinamic "stepRocker" board and a motionCookie more than 7 years ago. From there I know that the torque of a stepper motor is bigger the bigger the applied voltage is. In the Trinamic controller used the current can be limited to the specified maximum current of the stepper motor and it uses PWM to keep the current at or below the maximum permitted value.

I have also some experience with ARM controllers from NXP, specially the LPC1769 that has peripheral functions I use in my model boat.

It is due to this that I choose the controller board for future upgrading my printer as it uses a ARM Cortex M4 with 168 MHz frequency. As the SilentStepStick5160hv can handle up to 50 VDC, I bought the Meanwell board.

Now my question. So far I have not yet seen how the 48 VDC can be supplied to the SilentStepStick5160hv on my BIGTREETECH PRO V1.2. If I am not confusing it, the V1.1 had 2 connectors to supply a motor voltage of up to 35 VDC but I do not see the equivalent on the V1.2 board. Has anybody information that could help me?

Best Regards
    Hellmut

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the electrical schematic and manual. Hopefully you find what you need in these links:
    https://github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTR...R-PRO-V1.2.PDF
    https://github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTR...r%20manual.pdf

Tom

11. Likes rajeshkhana liked this post