Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Using old Cube Material

My Cube Pro Trio broke (belt) and I don't think I am going to fix it. It and its spare parts will probably go up on government eBay eventually.

I am trying to make use of the material I have in my other printers. Are the default temperatures used by the Cube listed anywhere? I tried running some Cube ABS in my MakerBot and it kept jamming after about 10 minutes

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    10*C more

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    That worked so long as it never stopped printing. The Methid printed the first layer with the ABS no problem and the switched to SR30 for a couple layers. Then when it swapped back to ABS I got the jam error again. I unloaded and reloaded the ABS and it printed fine for the rest of the part. So it looks like I need to find where MakerBot hid standby temperature and increase that as well

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think 3DS uses 210C for standby on their ABS.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't able to raise the standby temp above 200C but that was enough to fix the issue. Thanks

Next I need to try the Cube PLA and Nylon I have

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cube PLA is fairly generic. It gets old though and layer adhesion gives up after a while. Be sure to only use it on static prints as tension will fail sooner rather than later.

I still have some nylon I'm afraid to open. All ears on the results if you could share.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Good to know. I have like 17 spools of ABS, 14 spools of PLA, and 4 spools of nylon. The ABS I used today had a manufacturing date of 2014 and it printed fine once I got the settings right

8. Likes TommyDee liked this post