Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Working CubePro Duo - fair price???

Newbie here. What is a fair price to pay for a working CubePro Duo with minimal hours? I can handle the hacks and work arounds. Just not sure what to pay.

Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum sbusenbark. It is tough to say what these are really worth. The software is not the most desirable and the filament hack is iffy at best because it doesn't always install cleanly as well as downgrading the F/W.

Another thing to know about CubePro is that it is noise... clunky noisy to be exact. I have mine sitting solid as rock and yet it still echoes throughout the house. It generates a low frequency drone with a lot of 'thuds'. Keep this in mind when choosing a location.

And it's heavy. It doesn't just move about. I could carry it but not necessarily put it down. It really demands 2 people to be safe.

So having said that, I paid $600 for a new Duo delivered by freight. I would be hard pressed to value a new CubePro anywhere over $1,500. So maybe a gently used unit might be worth in the neighborhood of $1,000-1,200.

Remember this is a proprietary system and opening up the data is not easy or optimal. Simplify3D, a $150 option, may give you much more options than Cubify will.

One other thing you need to know - 3DS abs filament really is special. You will most likely have problems with a lot of the 3rd party ABS filament in CubePro. Not a lot of reports but I am comparing what it does in Cube3. Cubify printers seem to print ABS 10*C hotter than most ABS wants. This affects the prints negatively. I have not run any 3rd party ABS in my CubePro for this reason.

Good luck with your choice.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    TommyDee...Thanks for the advice.

I think I will pull the trigger based on your evaluation. The asking price is way under your low end and it comes with 8 sealed rolls of filament. Absolute worse case, I will learn the ins and out, then sell it for the parts.

4. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post