20210824_095930.jpg
    tubes

20210824_095839.jpg
    left side

20210824_095751.jpg
    more left side

20210824_095739.jpg
    top side

It is hard to make sense f it but there is what I have on my Duo.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is helpful to start with. Thank you.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here's what I'm looking at. My filament tubes seem to want to come in from the left. But, I'm having a hard time getting them in the slots on the plastic piece so that I can also get the two wires through the fixture to plug into the top of the extruders. Do I need to just apply a bit more pressure? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the metal plate behind the plastic plate is backwards. Go back and look at the image I posted of the front.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Update

Okay, so I've been able to get the extruder mostly back together. The question I have now is how to reinsert the glass piece at the bottom right of the plastic fixture. I have attached a few pictures. Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do any of these help? Not familiar with a glass part.

20210824_095930.jpg20210824_095739.jpg20210824_095751.jpg20210824_095839.jpg

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The small triangle that goes in the bottom right hand corner of that assembly uses a longer bolt and mounts threw the bottom right hand hole. It isn't required - I believe it's purpose is to prevent the cable guard from dropping too low but I never saw an issue with that on the CubeX. I wouldn't go out of my way to hunt down a longer bolt for that. I've cranked out quite a few prints without it and zero issues.

I've actually also removed that entire transparent backing that holds the cables in place. 1. It's much easier to load filament. 2. It doesn't create a seal or guide the filament well - so what's the point? 3. Less weight = better quality.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jammincomedy View Post
    This is helpful to start with. Thank you.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here's what I'm looking at. My filament tubes seem to want to come in from the left. But, I'm having a hard time getting them in the slots on the plastic piece so that I can also get the two wires through the fixture to plug into the top of the extruders. Do I need to just apply a bit more pressure? Thanks.

The metal plate behind plastic tube guide was on backwards. The black track needs to mount to the front of the metal plate and things will reach.

This is the same orientation;
    20210824_095930.jpg
    Last edited by TommyDee; 10-21-2021 at 09:53 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I've got it almost back together. Do you know what size nuts are used for the screws that hold the black track to the plastic tube guide? I seem to be short a couple of those. I have the screws but can't seem to find the nuts to hold them in place. In the meantime, I can take a look throughout the printer and see if they might have fallen to the bottom. Thanks again.

- - - - - - - - - -

One other thing I'm noticing is that the plastic tube guide seems to be a bit loose. The screws that I put in the back don't seem to want to screw in all the way. I'm pretty sure I have the right screws in there. It's hard to tell if the screws can go in any further or if they're bottoming out and they might be the wrong screws.

Cube Pro 2 Filament Guide.jpg
    Last edited by jammincomedy; 10-22-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    That guide is held in place with nuts & bolts. It appears you are missing a couple at the top of it.

I would recommend losing that altogether. It's purely aesthetic and serves no functional purpose. It's much easier to load filament without that thing in the way and a little less weight = a little better print quality. It doesn't create a seal so you aren't really shielding your filament from moisture with it in place anyways.

Basically, my suggestion is stop working so hard to get that section as it shipped out. IMO, you'll be happier without it in place

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your saying leave the metal piece and forget the plastic 'guide" Doug?

- - - - - - - - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by jammincomedy View Post
    Hello again. I ended up purchasing a brand new extruder for our CubePro 2 and was able to get it into the location on the printer where it goes. However, I'm having trouble getting the rest of the pieces back together. Are there any tutorials on reattaching the wires and filament tubes? In the attached picture, I'm not sure what pins to plug the two wire ends into. They don't seem to want to slide on the six and five-pin sections on the board. I'm also a bit hazy on where all of the screws need to fit.

A picture of the board setup related to the extruder and wires would also be welcome. I should have taken a picture of the setup before I took it apart. The directions are confusing.

Lastly, if anybody is getting rid of or selling a print bed for this printer, I'd be interested. Thanks again.
    Let's do this one step at a time - first things first, let's get the hardware on correctly;

1) we need to mount the black caterpillar tracks to the aluminum bracket. Step 1 - rotate the metal bracket (if it hasn't been done already from the 1st image) in order to connect the caterpillar track as in previous pictures. The ears of the caterpillar tracks uses screws and nut to hold the two together.
    2) take a picture of the track attached and then point out the wire that you need a destination for. They are all labeled so also state the label on the connector on the wire side.

Doug, without the plastic tube guide at the motors, doesn't that cause some problems when the cartridge change pushes filament out?
    Last edited by TommyDee; 10-25-2021 at 02:31 AM.