Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doug, without the plastic tube guide at the motors, doesn't that cause some problems when the cartridge change pushes filament out?
    No, not at all. I've always wrestled with getting the filament to catch when reloading. Not sure if this is a common issue or not but it was very frustrating for me. This solves that and the only negative is aesthetics.

2. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Wire configuration

Alright, I'm pretty sure I got the backing together as well as it needs to be. I don't have the glass part in there but I think it will work fine without it. Now, I want to make sure I put the wires back together correctly. When I turn on the printer with the current configuration of the wires, the display screen doesn't come on. So, I must not have everything in the correct place. In looking at the latest two pictures I uploaded, can you see anything that is in the wrong place? I think the one circuit piece is hanging loose because it had been screwed in to the glass piece that I haven't put back in. So, I don't think that's causing any issues.

As you can also probably see in the picture, I put a LokBuild cover on top of the print bed because my bed is pretty scratched up. I'm assuming I can just put the same glue on that as was used on the regular print bed. Is that correct?

I appreciate all of your help so far. Thanks again.

IMG_4430.jpgIMG_4431.jpg

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good so far.

I use CubeGlue on my LokBuild for great service. However, LokBuild does work well without glue with several materials.

Glue on LokBuild can be recharged by simply misting it with water and moistening the surface.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you see anything wrong with the wires? The display isn't turning on when I power on the printer after reattaching the wires. Thanks again.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not from the pictures. You could try unplugging them and see if it boots after that.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what I got with the first print job on the LokBuild. I quickly got a filament error. It also looks like the extruder burned a hole in the LokBuild. I also can't seem to get the remaining filament off of the LokBuild surface. Any ideas? Thanks.

IMG_4439.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

It is working without using the glue. Maybe it doesn't need the glue because of the nature of the LokBuild surface. It might have gotten bound up with the glue on the LokBuild surface in the first print job. Thanks again.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    More gap. To little gap presents to the machine like a clog.