Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

CubePro 2 Service-Pittsburgh, PA

Hello. Our school has a CubePro 2 printer. It's a backup printer at this point as we've added a FabPro 1000. On the CubePro 2, the filament has come out of one of the nozzles and that nozzle is loose. It appears as though a screw that holds the nozzle in place has fallen out. But, I can't find it in the printer.

The company that sold us the 3D printer will no longer do service on it. They keep referring me to 3D Systems. But, 3D Systems won't return any of my emails.

I'm looking for a service company in the Pittsburgh, PA area to take a look at it. I'm not exactly sure what is missing and what needs replaced/fixed. I'm also looking for a replacement glass bed for the printer as one nozzle still works and our current glass bed is pretty beat up. As a result, jobs keep failing. 3D Systems no longer sells the glass bed and I can't find anything on Amazon or eBay.

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey jammincomedy. Welcome to the forum. There are two ways the nozzle can remain loose, a screw that clamps the tube in the housing and the one holding the housing to the frame. I would recommend a 3D printer enthusiast have a look and see what they can see. You can certainly show pictures here and we can see if this is a big deal or not. probably not. Someone probably did a maintenance routine and left things undone.

As to the glass, it is best to do a good cleaning and add LokBuild as a build surface. That will restore the glass.

Please let us know what you find. There are a lot of maintenance videos on YouTube that detail many of the routine efforts these printers require.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. I'll look into the LokBuild solution. I have attached a picture of the issue. You can see the filament hanging out the back of the nozzle. You might also be able to see that the left nozzle is hanging down a bit. It's basically just hanging there and bends back and forth when touched. So, I'm guessing that's where the screw is missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That nozzle on the left looks bent. Which one is loose?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    It’s the left nozzle that is loose.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit I don't have the structure in mind well enough to see what I am looking at.

According to the video, the nozzle is one piece and somehow yours has separated. The one-piece nozzle should remove with the single screw from the filament driver as shown in the video.

Replacement parts are highly dependent on eBay. Poor selection at that. Easiest consideration is to make the Duo a Mono. But you really will need to get familiar with this machine. It has very little going for it in the way of support.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, the one piece aluminum body is broken. I've seen that occur if the bed isn't seated fully or someone fires off a new print while the last print job is still on the plate.

If I had a spare nozzle handy, I would gladly donate it but I gave my last one away last summer.

I just confirmed that I have an extra print bed that I can donate to you. Saving a CubePro from the dump and supporting a STEM program is a win/win. Please PM me.

8. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Likes TommyDee liked this post