Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice thing about the tool, is that if a spool does get to 0%, you can reset it back to 98%. Be sure to not go to 100 or 99, the firmware does some strange stuff with initialization of a new spool. We found the safe number to be 98%.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is why ReCube is all one needs. Glad to be updated on the limitations of the toolkit. I'll remove that link.

3. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Likes buddybu liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey folks, I was wondering if Tumoro's software would work on an Arduino Micro rather than a Nano? I would think it should but since I'm here wanted to verify if that would be an alternative.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tomuro's code can be compiled for other microprocessors. He's offered to do so on his site. The downloadable code won't run anything but a NANO as-is.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Max,

FWIW I replied to your PM last night while you were working in this thread. I didn't realize then, but you are MUCH farther along here than I suspected when I replied.

I agree with the suggestion to switch to Cube3 mode (even though Ekocycle is sexier.

If, however, you want to stay Eko so you don't have to reprogram your two cartridges, I have the original and modified (for no-filament-countdown) V1.05.ar files you can use, as well as the Cube3 V1.14.ar files. With all four, you can switch back and forth at will. (I-Am)

John

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    John, you are saying the toolbox works for the Ekocycle?

I use the Ekocycle slicer and buddy's tools to swap a few settings, one in particular is the extruder pressure for the first 2 entries to make up for the extra first layer gap that the Ekocycle slicer uses, I change the first entry '37' to '40' and the '29' to '32' (when present as the second entry). These are the outline and the infill for the first layer. I also remove the 265 degree calls because they are not necessary. This allows me to use ABS and PETG on the same plate setting with excellent adhesion results.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 03-20-2021 at 03:25 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    If 'Toolbox' means the patch to stop the filament % countdown, then yes, there is a version for Ekocycle.
    The exact hex mods to the firmware are different in detail, of course, but the effect is the same.
    At https://openbuilds.com/threads/cube-...-15#post-61296 Buddybu gives details of the mods for both Ekocycle and Cube3 firmwares.
    If I remember, either version requires changing 4 bytes in the file. I believe two of the byte changes modify instructions, and two correct the associated checksums.

Yeah, if you print a straight ekocycle print file it takes FOREVER to heat up!

I've had fair success using PET-G with the Ekocycle slicer and just tweaking the temperatures a bit. I set the z-gap at .180 and it seems to squish onto the plate well enough!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was there when the code was being developed of course. It was 2 bits to keep the write operation from working. Turns out over time, it fills a buffer and allows 100% cartridges from the app via WiFi. And both chip bays share the same buffer. Manual sneaker-net files definitely required pre-initialization of the chip.

I was suggesting the Ekocycle and the Cube3 slicer use very different offsets from the build plate in the initial Z-values. I don't do anything in terms of maintenance or adjustment other than change filament between ABS and PETG, the little hack works pretty good for that. I have the gap dialed to perfection for ABS. Do note that I still use 3DS ABS which really works nicely in these printers if you can keep prints from curling. LokBuild with a thin layer of watered down cube glue is still serving me very well in this regard. I'm still using the dregs in the bottle I had the Lego shaker mix for me. LokBuild holds onto the glue like no ones business. Don't forget the overbrim file! Makes for a reservoir for the glue when you recharge it without giving up print space.

Having an EkoCycle set up can still print whatever you slice in the app using Cube3 including 70um. Only the Ekocycle side of the app is limited. I really need to script the editor for my every day modifications. I keep telling myself if I script these processes, I'll forget what they are doing. I don't even think about the change as its muscle memory and less than a minute for the whole cycle including reloading before sending the file to the printer. I do want the file in the library.

Thanks for the link - I'll refresh my knowledge from the source ;]

- - - - - - - - - -

Buddy - I didn't know you hacked the hack for Ekocyle. I was doing ReCube by then IIRC. How did you resolve the checksum or did that even matter?

Question - The Cube3 hack doesn't require USB SD-swapping - Does changing the Ekocycle stock to Ekocycle hacked require the interrupting of the install by swapping SD's?

Or does my first question answer the second ;]

- - - - - - - - - -

JohnTee, I use NovaMaker White PETG available on Amazon. So far, the most consistent filament I've been able to source. I'm using it for everything structural.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, thanks for the PETG tip. I'll try some on next order.

I have Polymaker Polylite red and some Chinese green PETG which works, but I have not perfected the setup yet. I use the cube glue slurry on the stock plate and sometimes have trouble sticking the first layer. I must go scour the forum for your advice! (i know... Lokbuild!)

It's been a while since I applied the Ekocycle filament hack, but if I remember it was just a straight firmware load. It seems to me that the firmware installation part of the firmware is the same between the two models. I do know it will not let you install an earlier version with doing the interrupt-swap-renamed file trick.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I am trying to remember what I discovered, but the HEX files have a specific format and I determined the bytes that needed to be changed, and then recalculated the checksum bytes. I am trying to remember if I had to extract the files, make the changes and then combine the files back together.

Hmm.

As for the Ekocycle hack, it doesn't either. The USB swap is only for going from Ekocycle to Cube3 and back again.
    Last edited by buddybu; 03-21-2021 at 02:45 AM.