Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    FAT32 and maybe a size limit. I have a few USB sticks that are not recognized. If it can read a print file (for the print que) it should see the F/W. Root folder & properly named.

BTW - you are still configured as an original Ekocycle printer right Maxaye?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    FAT32 and maybe a size limit. I have a few USB sticks that are not recognized. If it can read a print file (for the print que) it should see the F/W. Root folder & properly named.

BTW - you are still configured as an original Ekocycle printer right Maxaye?
    Ok I am using a 32gb drive with fat32 formatting, maybe it's the size. A lot of things don't like the micro sd to usb adapter drive so I don't think that would work anyways.

I am using stock Ekocycle firmware. Printer is stock.

3. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah! There's nothing like a faulty memory chip - in my head!

Looking back at my notes, I found that the S/N is encrypted in the cfg.bin file.

BTW I have two other printers that power up completely unresponsive and with a mysterious error code ("0.22c") that even 3DS support didn't understand. The 'replace sd card files' trick did not help those. I replaced the motherboard on one of them and it runs now, but the stepper drivers seem to be weaker on the replacement board. The second printer is still comatose.

------

As a test, I just loaded my modified "ekocycle v1.05.ar" firmware file into a machine that was already running "ekocycle v1.05ar" firmware; just did a normal firmware load. It loaded fine.

My USB stick is 8GB. That may be your problem. I have found that these printers don't like anything larger than 16G.

I'm sure you already know this, but: The file name has to exactly match the file name used for the running firmware in order for the load to begin. The name you changed to should be right.
    Last edited by JohnTee; 03-26-2021 at 04:28 AM.

5. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright well I found that the drive was too big of a size to be read. I got a 16gb drive and that seemed to work fine. Bad news is the firmware file either is incorrect/corrupted or something I don't know? Here's what I have.

Capture.PNG
    Firmware was able to be read and started download fine, no hiccups throughout the process.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BPx...ew?usp=sharing
    This is what I got after it asked me to press the button to reboot. Blinking screen again. So it seems that I'll have to tear it apart again, wipe the SD and then start all over again.

For the sake of documentation, here is the EXACT file I used. Literally copied the file from the folder from Buddy and renamed the filename. Don't think there is anything I could've screwed up with that simple process.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15UX...ew?usp=sharing

Also the drive I used was a Sandisk (unknown model) formatted to Fat32, 16gb. It can read print files no problem and obviously was able to read the firmware as it was able to download whatever the file contained.

I didn't change anything other than the name. All I did was remove the "- modified" from the filename. Unsure why I got this if that file is supposed to be working.

If any of you think I'm pulling your leg, once I get it reset to stock I'm planning to record the process I'm doing (maybe I'm touching the LCD too hard? Anything's possible )
    Last edited by Maxaye; 03-27-2021 at 02:52 AM.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report Maxaye. I suspect there is a checksum issue with the file. That means the reading of the file went fine and there is very little you can screw up other than feed it incompatible code.

JohnTee - care to offer up your version of the hacked Ekocycle f/w and let Maxaye give it another go?

For the longest time I wanted to put the internal SD on an extender.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Thanks for the report Maxaye. I suspect there is a checksum issue with the file. That means the reading of the file went fine and there is very little you can screw up other than feed it incompatible code.

JohnTee - care to offer up your version of the hacked Ekocycle f/w and let Maxaye give it another go?

For the longest time I wanted to put the internal SD on an extender.
    If it was simple enough I'd run some wires from each of the data pins to a sd card port on the outside of the printer, maybe a future mod? Haha.

9. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    On its way!

Maxaye, check PM.

TommyDee - that would be a brilliant mod!
    Last edited by JohnTee; 03-27-2021 at 04:35 AM.

11. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about that Maxaye. Once I discovered I could convert my Ekocycle to a Cube3, I never looked back. I would try one of JohnTee's modifications as it does sound like a CRC issue in the file.

13. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTee View Post
    On its way!

Maxaye, check PM.

TommyDee - that would be a brilliant mod!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like an easy solution, good to know it exists and won't require much!

- - - - - - - - - -

Capture.PNGAttachment 4208

JohnTee's version went through without an issue. Once it rebooted it prompted me with the touch screen option just like when you turn it on normally. Went to the info page and this is what it said. Didn't look like anything new so I ran a test print.

Capture1.PNG

This is the value of the cartridge before the test print. Original Ekocycle Filament at 66%.

Capt2ure.PNG

Here it is while it is printing in the dark, very red.

Captuq2re.PNG

And here is the finished product. Print came out fine and cartridge still is at 66%. When I ran this print before it went from 69% to 66% so I know that this print takes 3% of the available filament. Going to run some more prints and might even try some PETG or something else. The good news is that the firmware worked without an issue!
    Last edited by Maxaye; 03-28-2021 at 05:03 AM.

16. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Likes TommyDee liked this post