Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought Cube Pro - looking forward to contributing to the community!

Hello all,

I just recently bought a Cube Pro (hoping 3DS gets me an activation key soon) and started digging into what files are available and what hacks are needed to get this unit working well.

I am an EE, and have three daVinci 1.0 Pro printers - got lucking in an Amazon auction and the printers were free after selling off other items - and purchased the Cube Pro to try and work towards multiple print heads.

My current Cube Pro only has one nozzle, one cartridge bay - so I will need to work on adding new cartridge bay and new nozzle(s) - which seems like finding parts will be a challenge?

I hope to have more time to dig in this weekend - thanks in advanced to those who shared all their knowledge in this forum!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and enjoy the various entries. Being experienced, you might find CubePro an acquired taste. The application is geared towards structural prints more than aesthetic prints. They also seem to use an 'envelope limit' scheme where the part is always within a volume, rather than meandering plus or minus from the boundary limit.

There is hope with a small donation to Simplify3D and you can get back into the world of open source slicing. CubePro is a valid profile available for the price of admission. I am not personally privy but the word you'll find says so.

Somewhat hackable is an old version of CubePro back to V 1.87. This outputs hackable file but it is a very old slicer.

Let us know how 3DS takes care of getting you the code. That has become a worry of late.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info! Still no word from 3DS yet.

Might try to brute force it this weekend, is there a lockout if I fail to many attempts?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know of any lockout. Review the OpenBuilds forum entries on this subject. Someone was able to hack the hash. And if you really want some satisfaction, call 3DS. They still claim to provide the code if started at cubify.com. https://www.3dsystems.com/support/cu...utm_medium=301