Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Threaded View

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    RicciEU, I've recently seen a similar issue and after completely pulling the print jet apart found the internal 4mm X 2mm PTFE tube was "swollen" at the end near the print tip. It looks to me that the tubing was damaged by heat at some point and this caused the tube to swell, and the only direction it can swell to is in. After swapping my internal tubing... it's essentially brand new again.

That tube is 40mm long and I created a guillotine jig to make it easy to cut a new section of tube square and at the right length. Hopefully you have something available to print with. If you pull everything apart and discover the same issue but don't have a way to make a replacement tube, PM me and I'll throw one in the mail for you.

Carefully remove the print tip using a 13mm wrench. The section threaded into the main body is thin aluminum. With old CubeX print jets, I have broken tips trying to remove so it's definitely very possible.

I also made a feed assembly centering jig, which I've found to work very well. Both are in the Google share folder below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...hH?usp=sharing

Hopefully both of these help you get the CubePro rocking again!
    Last edited by dougk12; 07-22-2021 at 04:29 PM.

2. Thanks TommyDee, RicciEU thanked for this post
    Likes RicciEU liked this post