Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Value of a CubePro vs. contemporary printers

Just wondering if anyone has any idea of what a new printer, comparable in specs to a CubePro would cost these day. There's such a huge spectrum of hardware out there with price ranges from $99 to $9999 it's dizzying.

More or less I'm wondering, what's a reasonable price to pay for a working CubePro? I wouldn't want to pay more than it would cost to buy something new that's just as good (or better). For instance, there's one on Ebay for $600 + shipping. Is that a good deal by today's standards? Or would $600 buy a far superior machine today?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say you can get superior performance if you know how to turn the knobs for open source printers.
    This will definitely keep you in a reasonable price-range; under $800 I'm saying.
    The newer proprietary printers are into 4 digits or '1' under.
    Problem with CubePro is the fact that it ships by freight. It was $200 flat rate for Cont. US for my Duo.

I've seen some impressive results on varying results but not having a 'factory baseline' bugs me. I love Cube3 for that, and even CubePro, but the hardware is relentless in accepting full functionality, and the native software simply sucks rocks! Simplify 3D should solve it but I don't have the patience. Make me an offer - Are you on the left coast by chance? ;]
    Last edited by TommyDee; 07-16-2021 at 02:21 AM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've pretty much abandoned the proprietary software except for using it to send the files to it. But yes, even still there are so many hoops to jump through it can be a hassle. But overall I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

Are you looking to get rid of your Duo? I'm in Pennsylvania so I couldn't come pick it up I bet it could ship UPS though. I don't really know why I'd want/need to buy another one right now though, mine is working fine. Just pondering...

If you abandon the 3DS products what do you think you'd switch to? Any thoughts? I know virtually nothing about what's available. Don't even know where to start looking.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd sell my Duo but not for performance reasons. I don't have the space for it.
    Shipping/freighting it doesn't appeal to me at all nor could I justify the expense.

I love my Cube3's as they are very portable.