Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Autoloading print files for Cube3

For anyone with an open source solution that is still hand feeding filament into feed assemblies, I built off of MajorOCD's old work and created custom print files to load then purge filament. I also created "Purge Only" versions that are handy for really cleaning out the print tips. I've been using these for a while and shared with others, some brand new to 3d printing, and I have received tons of positive feedback.

All of the files set the printer temp to 260 Celsius so you don't have to worry about what was in the print jet previously.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...hH?usp=sharing

I also put a short how-to video together.

Last edited by dougk12; 07-26-2021 at 10:12 PM.

2. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not my forum for sure but you are right Doug, I do reply to most newcomers ;]

Nice video. Definitely a need for a simpler way to load filament. I might do a PLA to PLA with a lower temp though.
    Do you have enough PLA to ABS/PETG swaps to know the PLA doesn't burn inside the tip?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, that was a concern of mine initially also but no issues pressing PLA through at 260C. There are other good reasons to have lower temp versions though. For instance, anyone who is plagued with temp issues and has elected to print PLA only will find it convenient. I'll put low temp versions of all out there also.

I've added a folder with the BFB files so people can tweak to their preferences.

If you have some PVA sitting around, I've found pushing PVA through at 260C REALLY cleans the print tip. Every time I have something not quite right with a print tip, PVA at high temp has solved it. It's fun to watch too...

5. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post