Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cube3 bricked

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Cube3 bricked

I've got a few cube3's and was recently given one where the screen turns on and power button works, but the screen only displays white. Is there any way to flash the printer without use of the screen, or via the SD card?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the SD in that one actually present? Perhaps it "dislodged" from vibrations if that can even happen? Have you tried swapping them out? Have you also tried out another PSU on that one, just to discard power issues?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two files on the internal SD are critical - they are your serial number. they are both .bin files. Back up the drive and start removing files or folders from the drive. If there is proper F/W in place, one of those original files being missing will initiate a F/W upgrade procedure.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, since I had two cube3's and one works, I took them both apart and swapped over parts until I found the problem. It turns out the PCB the LCD attaches to is the issue, so I've ordered another one off of online in an attempt to have two simultaneously operational printers

5. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, because I had two cube3s and one of them worked, I disassembled them both and switched parts till I identified the issue. It turns out that the PCB to which the LCD is attached is the problem, so I purchased a replacement online in the hopes of having two printers running at the same time. five nights at freddy's