Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    3D Printer Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK, near London
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool Making my own filament

    Just funded one of these
    filafab100.jpg

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...extruder-and-w

    going to be rolling my own soon.

  2. #2
    Administrator bolsoncerrado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I was looking for these the other day by surfing both kickstarter and IGG without success, I wonder which keywords was I using since the campaign has been active for near a month now

    Thanks for posting/sharing

    Finally an exit to our failed prints lol

  3. #3
    3D Printer Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK, near London
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    LOL I was looking for these the other day by surfing both kickstarter and IGG without success, I wonder which keywords was I using since the campaign has been active for near a month now

    Thanks for posting/sharing

    Finally an exit to our failed prints lol
    I use this, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...son.techfunder

    it's cost me a fortune LOL, I've funded stuff I don't know how to use !! (yet?) Picolino, Nextion and there's tonnes of Pi related stuff I've been tempted by

  4. #4
    Administrator bolsoncerrado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great! LOL

  5. #5
    Expert 3D Printer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Near Paris - France
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice bought

  6. #6
    3D Printer Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK, near London
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've now purchased one of these winders to go with my extruder
    http://www.filastruder.com/collectio...cts/filawinder
    FilaWinder.jpgSensor_Side_large.jpg

  7. #7
    3D Printer Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK, near London
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Came across across these shredders
    http://filamaker.eu/product/mini-shredder/
    minishredder.jpg

    fairly expensive but gave my the idea of looking for something with metal gears in that could be used for shredding ???

  8. #8
    Administrator bolsoncerrado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robert,

    You're fairly insane IMHO lol

    The blendtecs go as low as $250 on ebay and if they can "blend" iphones, they should blend PLA imho... and of course ABS too.

    BTW can't understand the logic on the above setup with the laser thing and the winder... is the laser assuming the filament will be always spot on?

  9. #9
    3D Printer Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK, near London
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BobenhamHotspur View Post
    Came across across these shredders
    http://filamaker.eu/product/mini-shredder/
    minishredder.jpg

    fairly expensive but gave my the idea of looking for something with metal gears in that could be used for shredding ???
    I'm not buying one! Just looking

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    ...............BTW can't understand the logic on the above setup with the laser thing and the winder... is the laser assuming the filament will be always spot on?
    The diameter is controlled just by varying the output speed. When the filament cuts across the laser line at the bottom of the loop it turns the motor on the spool winder on or off.

  10. #10
    3D Printer Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK, near London
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an idea for making my own shredder, based very loosely on the filashredder shown earlier in this thread.

    Basically thread square washers (50x50x3mm x3 - Green) onto a M20mm dia rod (Red), washers held in place each side by M20mm half nuts (10mm thick - Blue)
    Mount rods in a 150x150x5mm steel box and drive with a washing machine engine (drive mechanics TBA) all parts for ~£50

    All comments/suggestions welcome

    DIYShredder3.jpgDIYShredder2.jpgDIYShredder1.jpg

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 02:08 PM
  2. Extruder making clicking noise
    By JonatanJacobsson in forum Rapide Lite 3D Printers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 02-22-2015, 12:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •