Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused by Rapide 3D Team update on July 5, 21015: - "Replacement Parts for Upgrade"

Am I the only one confused by the Rapide 3D Team 200XL campaign update titled Replacement Parts for Upgrade" on July 5th 2015?

Per Rapide 3D:
    We have been working hard making replacement parts for the ones damaged by the painter and are now sourcing a new painter to complete the process for us. One factor we are concerned about is color match between the two painters to ensure there is no disparity between the original parts and replacement parts.The first containers of machines should be arriving in the coming week and once arrived we will determine what is the best way to solve the damaged parts issue and if they are changed prior to delivery or if we ship out after.
    We understand everyone is very excited to get the new 200XL and start printing with it but we also want to be sure that the quality of the prints will match the performance of the machine without any problems from damaged parts.
    The good news is some contributors who opted for fully assembled 200XL's have already started receiving them and several have already commented on this.

From the text in blue? What is arriving? Does Rapide 3D mean the first batch (container of printers) are being delivered to our homes? Or are spare replacement parts arriving to the factory? I am confused.

The whole delivering thing is completely confusing. Not sure if the printers are on boats from China to other continents, to Australia or where? My best guess is Rapide 3D sends the printers to your continent and then whoever handles the delivery will give you an update they are on their way to your home. And based on the above updates and other comments, I have no idea anymore if the 2nd and 3rd batch of printers have left the building or if they were being returned back for the replacement parts to come in and then resent out.

From the text in green, what does
    "this" refer to? What have they commented on? It could be they commented on the newer extruder since that paragraph follows the green text or are they commenting on the parts? I don't know.

Still waiting for an update if my printer has left China. I believe my printer is in the 3rd batch.

I have written comments on the Indigo site and emailed Ethan and there is ambiguity in every response.

I would love to hear if anyone received their printer besides funders to bought a built machine.
    Last edited by gearmesh; 07-06-2015 at 03:58 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Already have a 200 and was told my 350 is in a container on a slow boat to the US along with others.....
    And I already know ahead time there are manufacturing issues with my 350 before it gets here.
    So will be patiently waiting for the updated parts to correct them...

Text in green....... People are receiving the fully assembled 200XL printers

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the clarification. I hope the 2nd and 3rd shipments of the 200XLs have left China for the USA as well.
    Last edited by gearmesh; 07-06-2015 at 06:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, what the email says is that the new 200XL (and I think both 350 and 500 too) are affected by the new anodizing company Ethan used, and they need to redo (machine AND anodize) new parts for MOST of the printers they shipped to both usa and europe, and once the printers that are arriving in a week to EU and USA arrive at the port, they will decide either if they unload the stuff OR they ship it back to china and replace the deffective parts in factory....which I think they will end up doing...

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    "The printers that are arriving in a to EU and USA ports will be sent back to China" is what I didn't want to hear. That is going to push the printer's delivery back another 2 months at minimum.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    did somebody ordered the XL option or the dual extruder option? and did you received something ?

I don't succeed to have clear informations

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ethan told me mine is on the way to me.
    So unless I hear otherwise from him, I'm going to assume he'll be shipping replacement parts.
    Far cheaper then sending a whole container back.
    I'll try to call him, maybe this evening, to get a clear answer.

8. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAO View Post
    did somebody ordered the XL option or the dual extruder option? and did you received something ?

I don't succeed to have clear information
    I ordered both and I didn't get a clear answer if mine was shipped or held back for parts. As I understand it, since I ordered both upgrades, I am in the last group, group 3 of the 3 groups.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just sent a message to Ethan to have additionnal informations.

I will tell you when I have an answer

11. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep us posted guys.