Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Those darn bed wobblings : crap Chinese SC8UU bearings!

So after a night failed print with missteps, I went ahead and noticed the Y belt quite loose. Since the Rapide can't be tightened on Y unless you disassemble the bed holder

and trim the belt a few millimeter... I decided to take the opportunity to check that darn wobbling, only to notice how heavily the move on the SCU88 (the name of smallest of the two metal pieces holding the bed rods)...

So after removing the rod, unsurprisingly, two bearings and lot of metal debris fell on the bed... Which means the f*) *€@+ SCU88 is basically disintegrated internally.... If you shake it it sounds like a baby rattle toy, and more bearings fall... WHAT A CRAP PIECE OF SHIT!

[IMG][/IMG]

Before heading to aliexpress.com, I'll try to source them locally or at least made in Germany. Or Japan. Or anywhere else than China.

Holy CRAP!

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found that mine were loose as well when I changed my bed to the 200x300.

worse though, the y rods were bent. When I rotated the y rods the bed would go up and down. Much better prints with the new, and straight, rods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Btw just learned SC8UU is just a machined alu part shield plus the well spreaded LM8UU bearings available everywhere. Still, i will try to find non China made ones...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a crap!

- - - Updated - - -

I think someone at the Facebook site has done the short-bearing replacement... mmmm...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found. DAF, from the facebook page, found the replacement. I'll be making an order this week, I want to replace mine.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141495061...MakeTrack=true
    Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah well, ebay or alixpress, makes no difference, they're all china made. Apparently these measurements are all "China" measurements, ie these bearings are all "China" exclusive. There's another guy who posted the bearings coming from a japanese manufacturer... I'm trying to get a price on those while I'm awaiting from a local supplier for an ALTERNATE solution to replace the whole piece to an EUROPEAN solution and avoide chinese crap...

WHat I dont get is how can this be called "Professional, precision" printer level with this crap inside :?

Also, you dont need to order the whole SCU, you just need to replace the LMU inside, and there are tons of spanish online stores selling LMUs already.... I bet you they all come from the same crap factory in China.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please check the rods diameter as well (with micrometer if available)...one of my Y-axis rod had a different diameter (smaller about 0.015mm) than the other one and this makes additional wobbling to the the bed.
    I fixed the Y-axis rod with M3 screws which i drilled/cut into the front & Back Aluplate- see pic below:
    neji.jpg
    I will definitely buy new bearings for the Y-axis as well soon. Then i order new rods as well which will have smaller tolerances for better guiding

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the rods are not better...

I went ahead and trimmed a couple dents off the belt and now the Y axis is tight as hell so no more loose steps. Replacing the LMUs helped the wobbling quite a bit too.

Will seek accurate rods locally too.

Still amazed what a real precission components could do on this machine if it was already printing fine with all this CRAP inside! :O

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

That's me who found a source for made-in-Japan SC8UU and LM8UU, but not from a Japanese web site I found earlier, instead it is from a local shop in Hong Kong. They sell for around USD5 a LM8UU and USD13 a SC8UU.

My pair of y-axis rods are measured 7.5mm and 7.8mm thick which tilts the bed a bit when it goes forward and backward, makes it very difficult to tune the bed for use with 0.2mm nozzles, so I will go to the shop again to buy a pair of Japanese made rods.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-N910U 發送