Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am using a chinese Ramps1.4+Arduino for a few months and I never had 1 single problem, never had 1 USB disconnection or problem to connect even when swapping the USB cable between computers without even disconnecting on the software.
    Printing almost 24/7 and with the complexity of a Delta printer, without a single problem (at least caused by the board). It never heats up even without any fan.
    It has so many options because of its open-source that the documentation is so good and easy to do almost anything and everything.
    For example, I bought for $1 a small extension that allows controlling an additional fan and additional LEDs (both with intensity levels) controlled by the GCode commands.
    It does allow the control of 5 stepper motors, E1, E2, X, Y, Z. And Z can have 2 motors, so really it is 6 motors in total.
    I have done a few stupid short-circuits during hackings of the printer, and the board never complaint in an irreversible way (once it did burn out 1 connector but it was very easy to repair the circuit).

If I bought a mainstream printer (I probably will never do), the first problem I had I would replace the board with these cheap but efficient Ramps1.4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well not all Chinese sellers sell clones of course, and not all clones are the same quality, probably too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive ordered an e3dV6 and a Titan to try fitting them on the Rapide...

Any clues how could we gain "height" as the e3v6 is quite "tall".... ie redo the adapter perhaps?

I've chosen the "direct" version path....

Post Thanks / Like
    Well finally ordered the design to a friend of mine so I came up with this. As you can notice I've gained most of the Z height other setups "loose" and now I'll try to figure how much X I loose due to the fan space.... I could orient the fan parallel to Y, probably on Mount v2.

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    Well finally ordered the design to a friend of mine so I came up with this. As you can notice I've gained most of the Z height other setups "loose" and now I'll try to figure how much X I loose due to the fan space.... I could orient the fan parallel to Y, probably on Mount v2.
    If you re-position the extruder slightly further forward you might find that the fan will miss the frame and therefore not lose any X axis width, you'd also have to move the upright back slightly to compensate for moving the extruder forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if I understood you... reposition the extruder where? towards the Xwing or towards the motor? the only option to not loose any x is to locate the fan either down the motor or down the Xwing but that seems unlikely possible considering the height of the heatsink...

Post Thanks / Like
    oh ok the frame of the printer! hmmm good idea!

what about "you'd also have to move the upright back"?

move what, exactly?

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The upright crossbar frame (solid ali) is supposed to sit in the middle of the printer (front to back) so if you have to push the extruder forward to allow the fans on either side to miss the frame then you can move the upright crossbar frame backwards to re position the nozzle back to the centre of the bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still dunno which bar r u refering to, sorry!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    adjustment.jpg

The whole frame can be moved front to back to centralize the extruder over the bed center