Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

New to 3D printing, Thanks

I'm new to 3D printing. I've always been interested and my son is taking 3d printing/modeling so I had to dive in. I picked up a cube pro trio slightly used and quickly found out after that us been discontinued.. (what a scramble) spending money on it and not being able to print was terrible. Anyhow thanks to all of your guys in depth great support to many folks I was able to get the appropriate 3ds software and get a print made! What a life saver this group is.
    The next thing is to get a reseting spool device which I'm still trying to follow to see if it's something I can create or maybe/hopefully they're still around to purchase.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Building your own is here: http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...muro-s-Circuit
    I am not seeing the resetter on ebay. Find our user William Wu and see what he's up to.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link. I've tracked one down and waiting for it to be shipped. I'm still going to try and make my own. So far I've got my printer printing and learning the ends and outs. I've got abs, PLA, inf, nylon, flew and would cartridges so if I can reload them I should be set for anything. My pro trio is unlocked for advanced materials but I don't think it has the advanced extruder (not sure how to verify) now if only I could find one to install lol!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    The normal nozzles are 0.4mm aperture. I think the alternative extruder is 0.5mm.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I've seen .35 for the standard nozzle and found the same result of .50 for the advanced. I've found some standard ones ebay but the advanced .50 seem to be unavailable, lame!

I've seen people drill out their nozzles to up the size, ever here of any success with the cubes being drilled out? The ultimate goal would be to make an extruder that you can change the nozzle on but I've also seen the thermostat issue others have hit. I'm tempting to try and make my own as I'm a fabricator with access to many material and equipment to lathe, weld ect.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get yourself a PCB drill at 0.5mm and go to town. It really should be that simple. Just be sure to chase the burr from the inside.

The thermal issues with the chamber heater have all been associated with hacking the firmware of the machine. Resetting chips is no issue.

Thermal issues with the nozzles has boiled down to a chip in the extruder PCB. I haven't look into it further but those boards are your primary suspect if you ever get temp alarms from the extruder on a CubePro.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect! Ordered the drill set, thanks! Pretty excited to try some flex threw it.
    Sorry, I meant the thermostat issue trying to convert the extruder to a different style that would allow threaded quick change nozzles.
    Good to know that heating issues circle around to the board, that could save some time down the road.
    Thanks for the response, highly appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aha, the thermister. People have had a very hard time matching up the thermister with the software. Probably one of the reasons for some of the insanely beautiful FrankenCubes found on the forum.

I'm pretty sure someone figured out exactly which thermister is needed but where to find the information is beyond me. One of the makers might know for sure.

Oh, and to be sure, there are a lot of hooks within the firmware that minds the extruders fastidiously.