Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

New here with cubepro trio

Bought a "not working" trio, but the "not working" part was the 3rd nozzle was missing, stepper motor still there and no filament cartridge in the 3rd spot. I have 2 abs cartridges, red and blue, 50% and 76% filled. The firmware is 2.00/v2 and I have no bed and no usb stick but downloaded all the files from here and will make my own bed. Just giving all the info I think I know.

I think there is a filament clog in the first nozzle, I hear the stepper clicking and then comes up with flow error. The second nozzle the abs flows out nicely. I will take apart and try to fix.

I see there is a filament resetter you can make,not versed in arduino, I have a different one from ebay for my XYZ davinci 1.0. I also see there is a firmware hack to stop reading filament length for v2.00? Is it easier to just use the filament resetter or the firmware hack, I see the heater might not work with the hack.

The other thing is at what point should I change the main board, I see Dyze Design is doing this with a duet 2 board, and do a complete build so no filament counter and add heated bed, I'm already going to have to make one, and be able to use cura. I have 13 printers of various types, 3 are resin, and only 1 was new ,tronxy 5xsa pro, and the rest is a for parts or customer return. Just never did a complete build from scratch and might give it a go time permitting. Thanks for any advice.

Greg

2. Thanks katherineburden thanked for this post
    Likes katherineburden, Kamagrastoreuk liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, it's a great printer. I would steer clear of the alternate firmware for the Pro, it isn't stable and many owners have reported it killing their heated chamber board. Chip resetter is the way to go.

There is a good chance you'll have to pull apart the clogged printjet to clear that issue. May need to replace the internal PTFE 4x2mm tube. It's 40mm long if you find it is swollen/damaged.

Losing the 3rd printjet is no big deal. You'll find the print quality improves as you remove more weight from the feed assembly and the motors are HEAVY. Due to the heated chamber, we're stuck with them though. I've tried swapping for lighter weight motors and the chamber heat kills them.

I've considered converting but the best value investment is Simplify3d, IMO. Especially if you've already invested in a chip programmer.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for reply Doug. I'll take up the resetter project at some point, as far as the 3rd extruder just the hot end is missing so free spare parts. Since I have no bed I was thinking of making a mount for a glass bed. This project is taken a little bit of a back seat, trying to organize to make some room for this monster.