Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I also decided to buy another printer while waiting for the next chapter of this Rapide drama.

I bought for £260 a dual extruder CTC printer (clone of MakerBot Replicator 2).
    At least the delivery takes only 2 days, has eBay user protection, and thousands of printers already sold.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTC-3D-Pri...-/331690694790

I was also tempted to buy the BigBox, but I don't want to wait that long once again and the CTC is incredibly cheap...
    So you got it for the opening bid price! Hope it works out, let us know how it goes. Looking at the description text I would say it's definitely a Chinese version rather than the USA one but that may not be a problem, only time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    The USA ones are actually the counterfeits based on the comments on all the kickstarter campaigns....

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I reckon that all the printers get counterfeit at some point by the same manufactures that are building the branded ones.
    You can easily find on eBay clones of almost all printers.
    Even the BigBox very clearly shows where their components are coming from, having the cargo ship being monitored coming from China.

If the CTC has many issues, it would be most likely the same as all the other pre-assembled from China.
    I believe that a thorough review of all screws, wires, etc, will bring the printer to an accepted standard.

By the way if you are interested on a Form 1+ SLA http://formlabs.com/products/3d-printers/form-1-plus/, you might have a look to the CTC version of it for only £599 (1/4 of the price) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTC-SLA-3D...-/351461330095
    This CTC SLA has a few Youtube reviews and comparisons, and again, the printer is exactly the same expect a few cosmetic differences. Even the LCD has the same interface and the original FlashForm brand.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear the problem with the Forms is they're a PITA to clean up... if anyone owns one (Mitch?) can confirm?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am waiting and watching to see what type of resin printer I will invest in....the morpheus looks great.

I ditched rapide and bought an UM2....no regrets at all.

I am also buying the big box from E3D.

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked around the BigBox website... the structure is either wood or acrilyc? Is that so?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Base model is wood. Upgrade to acrylic in white, sapphire blue or combination of white and blue (yet to see a pic of this one) for $99.

All I know is I can have a big box pro assembled and shipped to me from the UK for $1350 USD. It will also have an easy upgrade to dual nozzles or other E3D products like the Kraken or Volcano set up. I will do that down the road.

edit: that price also includes Raspberry Pi and camera with Octoprint and Simplify3D with it.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed the basic model is laser cut plywood, the upgrade to acrylic is EU 99,- extra.
    I backed for a dual head Volcano + acrylic version.
    The design is Open Source.
    I'm wondering what would happen if the panels are locally made from laser cut steel.
    That would be a heavy printer (expensive to ship, so locally made) but not very expensive to make and could be very stable.
    I'm looking for fast printing.
    Last edited by Henk; 10-28-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the Octoprint was 99 extra and the simplify was 99 extra on top of all the above options....

I dont know how reliable is at this point the plywood or the acrilyc.... All printers are going the steel route, and the bearing route should go the slider route...

I know it's a cheap printer, of course, but it's also a "lost" investment in the medium to long run.

However look what milstream did to his ItWhoMustNotBeNamed Lite 200!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Octoprint and S3D are extra, I think the printer is $999....that $1350 is for the pro printer and those items with shipping.

As far as reliability goes.....acrylic works more than just fine. My UM2 is acrylic and it hasn't shown any issues as I near 3000 hours of print time.

Plus as mentioned, with open source and access to all the laser cut files, you could switch to steel or whatever if you wanted to.
    Last edited by Skinny Kid; 10-29-2015 at 04:40 AM.