Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Another Newbie!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Newbie!

Hi, I am new to 3D printing – but I’m learning as fast as I can.
    I’ve been given a CubeX single jet machine (origin UK 2013, firmware version 1.07), which I intend to get up and running. But I have no toolkit and no Cubex software. (I run Ubuntu 20.04.3 anyway). I have sorted out various hardware issues and I think it is ready to run.
    When I go to ‘Print’ and select a .cubex file nothing moves and it gives me the error ‘Unable to Print File’ both with the cartridge in and out. This is not very helpful, I don’t know whether the fault is in the file or the hardware.
    I suspect the problem may be with the post-processor. I have studied many blogs, fora and videos and tried various KISSlicer and CubeItMod variants also cubex-encoder from cube-utils-master and I can’t find anything to get past this error . Please can anybody help.
    I fancy I could make progress if someone could post me a .cubex file for something simple like ‘finetune’ (known to work for one extruder and PLA) together with the .bfb used to generate it. I could then see the area causing the problem and, if it is the software, how I could start to tackle it. Or is this too simplistic ?
    Hoping to be pointed in the right direction. Would be grateful for any thoughts.
    Thanks. Myosotis.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Find our Cubify library in the Cube3 forum. We have collected all files that were public from the 3D Systems Cubify server.

I might suggest upgrading the machine to the latest firmware version you find, and then use the latest printing app from Cubify, to at least get a baseline.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I will look into the things you suggest. Myosotis.