Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark IV Review

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm.... Theres quite a lot of banding noticeable in some of those figures.... Thanks again for sharing!

Sounds like there's lots of settings to still play with and may be resins to cure with to get different finishes....

Wdy mean about the post processing technique being simple and different? what was it about?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    just found this board via morpheus website looking for reviews of that printer etc... Very good review... Well thought out.
    I hope that the pictures dont do it justice, because im fairly dissapointed in them. There is a LOT of banding. I can nearly get that good of resolution from my FFCP at .1mm (of course a slight exageration).
    And this is NOT a plug for the muve3d, but the quality i get from that is considerably better than these pics I think.
    That said im still very interested, as I need something with a larger build volume.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello AngryPanda, I'm hoping you can help...

I missed the Morpheus Kickstarter campaign, and therefore recently contacted Team Owl Works about purchasing a Mark 4 directly from their websight. However, after reading the most recent comments posted by yourself and other KS backers, it appears the units have not yet been shipped, nor has Owl Works shared an updated shipping timeline with their KS backers. I was hoping you might be willing to update this thread (or the KS comments page) when you do finally recieve the unit, so that interested parties such as myself can move forward in confidence with our own direct purchases. Thanks much!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can definetly expect a flood on pictures and experiences if we ever recieve them lol

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone heard from Owl?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sarkmachine!
    Sorry for the delayed response. I don't check here everyday and didn't see your message until now! If you have not already heard, Owl Works did recently send an update on KS (it was for backers only.. *pasted down below for your reading*) stating they had delays. But at this point they said they have begun the shipping process now starting with their Korean based backers. They have holiday for the next week and they will begin shipping the rest. I"m sure between all of us on here who DID back the project, we'll post up what we can on our own here! Cheers!

We're ready !!

0 Comments

Liked

3 likes

Hi All,
    Were ready !! We really appreciate all your patience & support on us !

Please enjoy some photos on the Morpheus below.
    Here is the schedule (tentative).

• 30th. Jan. ~ 6th Feb. : Korean Backers will get their Morpheus.
    • 7th Feb. ~ 14th Feb : Lunar New Years Holiday (Korea and Asia).
    • 15th Feb ~21st Feb : US Backers will get their Morpheus.
    • 22nd Feb ~ 29th Feb : For All other countries.

While were asking you to pay Shipping Cost thru separate email based on the mailing address you notified us.
    * NOTE : Currently, we suggest Creation Workshop as a 3D Printing Program and it runs on PC (not available for Mac)
    Also, well update some guides for the Morpheus shortly, so
    Please stay tuned !
    Thanks again for all your supports !!
    TEAM OWL WORKS (now OWL WORKS 3D, LLC)
    the Morpheus (Mark4) : inner package
    the Morpheus (Mark4) : Final
    Size Comparison : the Morpheus vs. ibox nano

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mac,

Hopefully you've seen the KS update from TOW. If not, I just posted the update as a response above to Sarkmachine.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great AP! That helps. I'll wait till the 2nd week of February, then contact them again about placing a new order. Much thanks for the update. Sarkmachine

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Following closely. Cheers!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just realized I never answered this. Post processing technique was: Take it off of the platform, rinse with clean-up spray bottle.. (IPA & H2O if I recall correctly..)
    then let dry. Of course everyone has different recommendations for post print UV curing.. (ie; light-box.. or simply put it in good ol' fashioned sunshine for a bit..)

I noticed that the (green) Rook piece that I posted pix of seemed to have a lot of white marks on it.. (it had JUST come out of the printer..) some of those were scratches from me fondling it.. , and some was it just needed to cure 100%.. I have the piece on the desk next to me and the white is gone.. errm... except for my scratches..

As I mentioned before.. If you have any supports to remove from any print.. you'll still need to take the time/care to remove/clean up where they attach to the print. But that's nothing new to 3d Prints & Supports..

And again, if one wants to have the "smooth & shiny" print, one could also finish with an outside paint/coating if one so desired..lol

Personally, when I get my MarkIV.. I plan on printing a bunch of different textured objects and testing out different finishing methods... (paints.. laquers,... epoxies.. etc..)

I'm also gonna run some "heat gun" tests to try and smooth the surfaces... we'll see how that goes.. (hopefully I dont burn the house down..)

Anyone else have any Ideas? I've scrubbed forums to see all the different finishing techniques that people use and it seems that the common answer is "depends on what you want, and what you'll be using it for.. " etc..

I think I may try different types of paints/coatings too..

AP

Post Thanks / Like
    What does IPA stand for?

What if you dont postprocess? The piece degrades even if not under UV conditions?